• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pikes Peak Ascent

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know there are some CO runners out there... has anyone done this? The Boy and I are hoping to register for it this year. I plan to do a lot of hill and higher altitude training. Honestly, this race scares the bejeebus out of me, but if I can do it I will be so stoked.

Any tips, war stories?

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't personally know anyone who had done it, but I've read some amazing race reports on beginnertriathlete. You might stop in there.

I think the race is already full for this year though. :(

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YEah, it fills up very quickly. Registration for 2011 should open around March, we are planning for that race (I just realized my OP said 'this year' but I guess I was thinking of next year!). We are going to run the Steamboat Springs marathon as part of training for the Ascent, and then after that focus on running up lots of hills at elevation. I'm so excited for it!

I only found one RR on bt.com, but they have some good ones on the webpage for the race.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know a few people from my running group including one of the coaches have done it. It scares the crap out of me too. Although some of the nuttos in my group are doing the Wild West Relay next week.

https://www.wildwestrelay.com/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna