• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pieps DSP avalanche beacons

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was wondering what the options are. If it’s a fee to upgrade or if they replace for free or ? It does seem odd that they are only offering information on Instagram which I don’t usually use ......

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was wondering what the options are. If it’s a fee to upgrade or if they replace for free or ? It does seem odd that they are only offering information on Instagram which I don’t usually use ......

Ohh yes so they told me if your beacon is under 2 years old then it’ d be free to upgrade and more than 2 years old it would be as follows depending which current generation beacon you choose:

Powder BT- $100
Micro BT or Micro Sensor - $125
Pro BT- $150

Supposedly you are eligible for the upgrade regardless of how your individual beacon tests out when they evaluate it.

I bought my beacon through Backcounty, and I also recently received an email about it from them telling me to contact the company about the upgrade program. It was after I’d already done so, but I liked their being proactive about it for people who might not know.

MissySki

Angel Diva
As an update, I got an email today with a code and link to place an order for my replacement beacon. Looks like the response has been larger than expected as the only option I had left was to get the Pro model. However, they dropped my price to $100 versus the list I was given previously. So that’s what I grabbed and I’m pleased! :smile:

Anyone else do the exchange? I’d say if you’ve been waiting you should do it asap to be sure they don’t run low on stock with such high demand for backcountry gear in general this year.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly