• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pick up USA Today, Wednesday (Nov. 22)!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For anyone who's traveling on Wednesday -- and even if you're not -- be sure to pick up a copy of USA Today. Then go to the Book section. There may be some coverage of a promotion Random House is doing to the media (Esquire, GQ, Entertainment Weekly, etc.) to get them to cover Mr. Ski Diva's forthcoming book, Finn. This isn't a review -- it's too early for that, since the book doesn't come out til end of February -- but it's about how the book is generating buzz in the publishing world.

Can't say for sure it'll be in USA Today -- there are no guarantees -- but it'd be pretty cool if it was! So be sure to look for it!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's in there! Cool!

I've never known anyone who got into USA Today before. Am I too easily impressed? ;)

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw the write up on page 4D of the Life section! Fabulous! Diva, Dahling! Please pass my congratulations along with Phil's on to Jon.

We sure are proud of Mr. Diva (note tongue in cheek)! :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
It's even in the online edition. Congrats to Mr. Diva!! I want a signed copy now for sure. Maybe February in Toronto!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely, Jilly! He just told me you're on

It's a double bill with Jane Smiley in Toronto, by the way.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, thanks all! We're pretty excited, so I appreciate your tolerating my constant and unbridled enthusiasm about it.

On one hand, I wish I could go to sleep and wake up and have it be Feb. 20 already (that's when the book comes out). On the other, I certainly don't want to wish away ski season! You see my quandry..... :o

lizzibell

Certified Ski Diva
CONGRATS!!! :D I loved Huck Finn as a kid! I can't wait till this book comes out. :smile: It REALLY sounds like an interesting perspective. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna