• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

Jilly

Staff member
As some of you may know, there is a blockage in Ottawa that has closed 3 out of 5 bridges you use to get from Ontario to Quebec. So if you're heading back to Ontario, there are 2 bridges and a ferry that you can take. I decided to go a different way today. This is the ice bridge at Fasset. It did add some time to my trip home, but I could have been sitting in traffic. Instead I got a different view of the Ottawa area.273872263_10159677156778550_6284172916771105335_n.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
Yes. But it obviously depends on the weather. I was 10 min maybe, and cars/SUV going both ways. So 4 x $7 in 10 min, not even an hour. Guy does regular boat ferry when it's not frozen.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I will try this next time. I've been trying to upload photos from my Mac and there is the added PITA that the photos are sometimes HEIC files so first I drag it onto my desktop and it becomes a jpeg, then I drag it back to iPhoto, and then I can edit it and THEN I can post it (if this works). :confused:
For Photos on a Mac, I always Export to a much smaller filesize. Makes uploading faster as well as scrolling in a thread that's got lots of photos. Been doing that for years because my home WiFi was very slow until relatively recently (too far out in the woods for anything but slow DSL).

marzNC

Angel Diva
Different views of Kachina Peak at Taos Ski Valley Feb. 10-11, 2022. Distance view from top of Lift 2. Lower section vew from top of Lift 4. While you can see the upper section of the Kachina lift along the skyline, you can't see Main Street, the wide open terrain that is the easiest way to ski down. Still challenging but the bumps weren't that big yet after a 3-foot dump a few days before.

(Portrait orientation after Photos Export)
Taos Kachina finish 11Feb2022 - 1.jpeg

(Landscape orientation after Photos Export)
Taos Kachina view 10Feb2022 - 1.jpeg

Christy

Angel Diva
Yes. But it obviously depends on the weather. I was 10 min maybe, and cars/SUV going both ways. So 4 x $7 in 10 min, not even an hour. Guy does regular boat ferry when it's not frozen.
The idea of driving on ice like that is just so freaky to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly