• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

newboots

Angel Diva
Your photo brings me right back! A bluebird day at BW is really something! I loved that trip!

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I didn't think it would be so clear today. When I looked out the window this morning the entire mountain was covered with clouds/fog.
We're taking a ride on the cog railway Friday morning before heading home. The summit is closed but we can ride up to a mid-station at 4000 ft.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I didn't think it would be so clear today. When I looked out the window this morning the entire mountain was covered with clouds/fog.
We're taking a ride on the cog railway Friday morning before heading home. The summit is closed but we can ride up to a mid-station at 4000 ft.

You'll have magnificent views in the opposite direction, so fun! We did day 2 of my AIRIE 1 class there last season, and had the train pass us on the skin up. I hadn't realized that it even ran in the winter before that, I wished at that moment that we could have gotten a ride up! haha

Jilly

Staff member

This never happened to me years ago, but now whatever photo I post comes out sideways. And I have some great things to sell but I'm afraid to try to post them!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Trying to post a photo, getting frustrated with the process. Will try again!
I always downsize my photos before posting. Partially a habit from when the Internet connection at my house was pretty slow. But also can help people scrolling through a photo-heavy thread. With Apple Photos, I export selected photos. Used to use free online software, mostly TinyPNG.

Jilly

Staff member
I know that I am both a nerd and a mod but I am sorry to say that I do not know why the photos post sideways. :smile:
Myabe @gingerjess ?

Because I've always wanted to know. Even though they appear to be upright, they come out sideways. I know it's something to do with the phone...Never have an issue with my actual camera.

newboots

Angel Diva
Ok. iPhone instructions.

open the photo you want on your phone. select it so it gets big on the screen
click "edit" (upper right on my phone)
do something edity to it. Make it bigger, or smaller, or crop it.
SAVE the new photo.

Go back to the post. Click "attach files"
click on the new photo.

This works for me.

Ok. iPhone instructions.

SAVE the new photo.

click on the new photo.

This works for me.
I will try this next time. I've been trying to upload photos from my Mac and there is the added PITA that the photos are sometimes HEIC files so first I drag it onto my desktop and it becomes a jpeg, then I drag it back to iPhoto, and then I can edit it and THEN I can post it (if this works). :confused:

Jenny

Angel Diva
Ok. iPhone instructions.

SAVE the new photo.

click on the new photo.

This works for me.
This is what always works for me, too. I'd like to be able to tell if a picture is going to turn or not before posting it, so I don't have to edit everything, but I haven't figured that part out yet. So I just post them, see what turns sideways and then go fix that one and post it up again.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Not OUR photos, but these are definitely photos of the day!

Divegirl

Angel Diva
From yesterday. We took a ride on the cog railway part way up Mt Washington before driving home from NH. Apparently you can ride up & ski down the service road next to the tracks. We had a boarder & skier onboard. Managed to catch the skier going by. It was another beautiful day. The guide on the train said NH parks hopes to start Cat skiing along the service road in the next yr or so.20220211_114226.jpg20220211_130113.jpg

Lmk92

Angel Diva
From yesterday. We took a ride on the cog railway part way up Mt Washington before driving home from NH. Apparently you can ride up & ski down the service road next to the tracks. We had a boarder & skier onboard. Managed to catch the skier going by. It was another beautiful day. The guide on the train said NH parks hopes to start Cat skiing along the service road in the next yr or so.View attachment 17975View attachment 17976
Dang, I wish I would have known that when I was there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly