• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Phantom Wax (finally near Boston)

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Thanks for the heads up!

marzNC

Angel Diva
So I did it! I found out that RJ Bradley's in Littleton, MA (near Nashoba) just got the Phantom system. My skis are probably in the box right now. Just wanted to let you all know that they have it. Happy skiing!
Have you been skiing with Phantom yet? If so, what do you think?

SusannaHar

Certified Ski Diva
Yes, yesterday and today for the first time. Feel like a normal wax to me. And if I don’t have to wax again, totally worth it! I’d be curious if anyone has a negative review of it. The conditions are pretty icy and choppy, so my feel for it might be skewed by that...

SusannaHar

Certified Ski Diva
So I just read a few reviews and I would agree that in the lift line, they aren’t as slippery as waxed skis. But, that’s a GOOD thing. I can walk/ski up to the lift and get a bit of traction, versus freshly waxed skis, when sometimes even skating won’t get you there. Maybe they were a tiny bit sluggish on the flats? But nothing that’s bothered me.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
So I just read a few reviews and I would agree that in the lift line, they aren’t as slippery as waxed skis. But, that’s a GOOD thing. I can walk/ski up to the lift and get a bit of traction, versus freshly waxed skis, when sometimes even skating won’t get you there. Maybe they were a tiny bit sluggish on the flats? But nothing that’s bothered me.
I have read a few reviews that stated that, but I did not get that impression at all when I was in lift lines on Friday. I glided really easily, but it wasn’t icy snow and was about 20-30F in Tahoe.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I called around before the holidays (knowing that Santa was putting something fun under the tree for me) and the best price in the Boston area is at Ken Jones. If no base grind is needed it is only $100 cure station included, and no tax in NH. I have a box of 2.0 on my counter but am considering having it done this time due to lack of patience waiting for a sunny warm day.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I skied my Sheeva 9 that I had Phantom applied to pre-season in almost 50 degrees temps yesterday. We were straight spring snow. I usually have quite a lot of trouble with the velcro feeling of slow go slow in the spring and as such don’t really love spring skiing all that much. Well I had the BEST spring skiing experience yesterday that I’ve ever had. I don’t know if the Phantom actually made that big of a difference or what, but I’m hopeful this will make my spring skiing much more fun going forward! :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
thread drift but saw Sheeva 9 for $399 on STP...

marzNC

Angel Diva
I skied my Sheeva 9 that I had Phantom applied to pre-season in almost 50 degrees temps yesterday. We were straight spring snow. I usually have quite a lot of trouble with the velcro feeling of slow go slow in the spring and as such don’t really love spring skiing all that much. Well I had the BEST spring skiing experience yesterday that I’ve ever had. I don’t know if the Phantom actually made that big of a difference or what, but I’m hopeful this will make my spring skiing much more fun going forward! :smile:
Maybe next time bring another pair of waxed skis and do a comparison? Same idea as demo'ing different models of skis on the same runs. Even though obviously ski design makes a bit of a difference, can test the glide feeling by going more or less straight on relatively easy terrain. That's what I did to test Phantom 1.0 in May 2018 using my treated AJs and untreated BPs in Oregon. By the time I got to Mammoth a few days later, I was sticking to the AJs because I trusted them more when the snow got sticky by mid or late morning.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Maybe next time bring another pair of waxed skis and do a comparison? Same idea as demo'ing different models of skis on the same runs. Even though obviously ski design makes a bit of a difference, can test the glide feeling by going more or less straight on relatively easy terrain. That's what I did to test Phantom 1.0 in May 2018 using my treated AJs and untreated BPs in Oregon. By the time I got to Mammoth a few days later, I was sticking to the AJs because I trusted them more when the snow got sticky by mid or late morning.

Hmm true I should have experimented a little, but I was having too much fun! Lol Will be plenty of time to do so in the spring hopefully.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna