• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Petite skier looking for help with new skis?

candysuecooper

Diva in Training
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of your help! I've at least narrowed it to the yumi 147 and the blizzard sheeva 148 which I realize I forgot to list at the start. If anyone has tried the Sheeva, I would love to hear how it compares as well.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you! This is helpful! Are they easy to maneuver around moguls? That was my other issue with my lunas..I sometimes felt like they weren't quick enough to turn around moguls on steeps. Thanks!
I don’t have experience with moguls, maybe I will try with an instructor this year! I thought the skis did will in chopped up snow at the end of the day.

Last season my dad and instructors kept saying I was forcing my turns early, but the day I demoed with my dad he thought I was making great turns especially with the Völkl Yumi and the Blizzard BP 88. My previous season rentals had a turn radius of 17m, but both these skis are about 12-13m. Demoing taught me that I tend to favor short zippy turns across the mountain verses longer turns downhill.

malia9117

Diva in Training
Great thread! I'm 4'11" 110lb, looking to upgrade after a few seasons learning on junior skis. Have a great one :smile:

malia9117

Diva in Training
Hello there. I am living in Sacramento and have mainly been up around Tahoe, though I would like to get out a bit more.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
Demoing taught me that I tend to favor short zippy turns across the mountain verses longer turns downhill.
I hear you on that! My first skis were 12m radius and my new skis are 11m radius. I like to be able to edge short radius turns OR relax (schmear??) into more sweeping wide turns. I have never skied long radius skis but I don’t think I would care for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly