• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Petite bibs

chillynewb

Diva in Training
Hello! I am in desperate need of a pair of quality snow bibs that have the following qualities:

• decent water resistance
  • bib or suspender style (not just pants)
  • insulation
  • PETITE INSEAM
Please let me know what has worked for you or a friend! I have been unsuccessful and am feeling hopeless.

Jilly

Staff member
chillynewb - where in the world are you? That could help narrow down some choices. And by petite inseam, under 26"

marzNC

Angel Diva
I am in southern Virginia.
Welcome! My home mountain is Massanutten although I live in central NC.

How close are you to Charlottesville? Freestyle is a pretty well stocked ski shop. However, finding a petit length in any ski shop is pretty unlikely. What I've done in the past is try on outwear to see what brands have potential.

I'm 5'0", 112 lbs. Have never wanted bib pants. All my ski pants have belt loops. I had two pairs shortened professionally. The pants I found at Freestyle one summer work fine even though they are long. The bottom of the pant legs fold up and stay well when I'm not in ski boots. No zipper on the bottom helps.

Are you looking for insulated ski pants or shells?

The pair of petite insulated ski pants I found years ago during a ski trip to Tahoe is by Marker.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:bump:
Any other thoughts on bibs for petite 5' 3" athletic build ?

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The North Face has inseam options on almost all of their pants, but at 5’3” a lot of the standard length options should work - friends have been big fans of the Strafe Scarlett, Flylow Foxy, and OR Hemispheres.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I’ll x2 (or is it 3 now?), North Face...any of their short styles.

I’m loving their new Brigandine Bib...if you’re looking for a technical bib. Definitely an “athletic” fit.

angelaskis

Certified Ski Diva
A note on a pair to avoid: Mtn Hardwear Exposure 2 Pro Bib. Some pros: The GoreTex shell fabric seemed great and durable, and it comes in a short inseam which fit my 5’2” frame well. Liked the full zips down the sides and it actually looked pretty cute! The killer was that the straps themselves have this weird hook based length adjustment system where it’s very limited and the smallest size is made for people with super tall torsos. Even considered getting them altered to fit because everything else was spot on... but back to the store they went.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I'm between 5'2" and 5'3". Having petite pants makes such a difference. My pants aren't dragging on the floor and more importantly, the knee articulation is in the correct spot. I purchased Black Diamond pants and paid a good amount of money to have then shortened by someone that specializes in tailoring technical clothing. BD and OR pants are made for very tall people. The shortened pants don't fit right. They're super baggy in odd spots and the knee articulation is too low. I have North Face and Marmot petite pants that I love.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna