• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Petite bib with drop seat

qwerty

Diva in Training
Do they exist? Are they only found on unicorns? I'm ~5'1" (on a tall day) and ~115 lbs.

I got a pair of small Burton [ak] 3L Kimmy Bibs and they're reasonably comfortable except that they're about 10" too long. Even with the hem pulled all the way up with the cuff elevator thingy, I'm still stepping on the hem. Granted that's in my bare feet. Not sure if I would with boots on.

I don't ski/snowboard yet, so I'm not 100% sure I want bibs, but I think I'll prefer them since I'm always cold, I'll probably fall a lot (I'll be snowboarding), and I want something that will keep the snow out even when I'm sledding and making snow angels with the kids. And it'll be good to have that extra defense against my little "snow angels" from dumping snow down my pants...

Are there bibs with a drop seat that might fit and don't cost an arm and a leg? Altering the Burtons will likely run about $120-$160. (At Rainy Pass Repairs which I found recommended on this site! Thanks!) Thankfully, I got them about $120 off, but still, ouch. It's a lot to spend on something I'm not sure we'll continue to do. (Kids might hate skiing, husband hasn't skied since his ACL reconstruction 20 years ago.) Though, living in the Pacific NW, I could probably find another short person to sell them to if needed?

I did try a snow bib from Lands End in their kid size. But, 1) not having a drop seat sucks, and 2) the fit wasn't great and straps didn't have any stretch in them which made it very uncomfortable to sit. (Or meant I needed them so loose I was stepping on the hem and were just uncomfortably baggy.)

Thanks!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I also do alterations, small business model. Www.specialtyoutdoors.com

It is possible to take 10" out of the leg, how it's done depends on the pants.. Based on my customers, no, there aren't a lot of options for petite bibs but you might see if Arctryx makes a technical bib that will work.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Based on my customers, no, there aren't a lot of options for petite bibs but you might see if Arctryx makes a technical bib that will work.

They used to make Sentinel bibs, but they don't anymore. I didn't think you could pee in them without taking off your jacket, but a friend showed me how just a couple of weeks ago!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna