• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Peloton or Echelon?

MissySki

Angel Diva
So, I’ve been riding, doing core workouts, and yoga on Peloton for a couple of months now ~5 days per week. Went skiing yesterday and felt really good! I felt balanced and strong, not really any leg fatigue even though the snow required a lot of absorption versus a groomer day to start, etc. I’m looking forward to testing myself at a bigger mountain with longer runs soon, but so far I’m pleased with my preseason training paying off. It’s been awhile since I put in the effort early on that I have this year, hope to keep it up and thankful for the Peloton women’s community that’s really motivating and provides a ton of accountability partners!

Jenny

Angel Diva
So, can you just connect with one other person, or maybe a small group of people, and make your own rides on these? Talk to each other, see each other?

MissySki

Angel Diva
So, can you just connect with one other person, or maybe a small group of people, and make your own rides on these? Talk to each other, see each other?

I haven’t tried it, but you can indeed see and talk to a friend (not sure about multiple) while riding if you’d like. There’s a camera on the tablet. You can also just choose a class to do and ride together, you can see eachother’s progress on the leaderboard. I’m not sure I’d want someone staring me in the face during a ride lol.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I haven’t tried it, but you can indeed see and talk to a friend (not sure about multiple) while riding if you’d like. There’s a camera on the tablet. You can also just choose a class to do and ride together, you can see eachother’s progress on the leaderboard. I’m not sure I’d want someone staring me in the face during a ride lol.
Well, I was thinking more of a like a nice FaceTime call, so you had someone to chat with while you were on a more leisurely-type ride.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, I was thinking more of a like a nice FaceTime call, so you had someone to chat with while you were on a more leisurely-type ride.

Yeah, that could be fun for a scenic ride or a “just ride” actually. I was thinking of a class where it would usually be really hard to hold a conversation and I’m a sweaty mess :laughter:

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
On Zwift there is a meetup function where you can send and receive invititions to rides. Many groups will chat on Discord during group rides and meetups.

Bonnie2617

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@gingerjess how are you still liking your Schwinn??

I think I’m settled on getting a Schwinn and am now trying to decide between the IC4 and IC3. The main differences between the models seem to be connectivity to apps and one has a magnetic flywheel.

I’ve never done a spinning class and am not too intrigued by them, so am thinking of sticking with the more basic model and saving $300. However, the IC3 has felt break pads which I hear need to be maintained/replaced once in a while. Does anyone know how much of a pain that is?

The inner battle, weighing whether the midrange is good enough and wanting to go all out since I’ll have the bike for a long time is tough! At least I crossed the Peleton off the list :smile:

gingerjess

Angel Diva
The Schwinn is great! I really like the magnetic resistance; it has a much smoother feel than friction-based bikes I've used in the past!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I skimmed through the 8 pages, so please forgive me if I’m being redundant.

We got an Echelon in November and have been doing Peloton workouts on it. It’s AMAZING. I love the bike... both DH and I are pretty good at mental math, so the resistance conversion isn’t terrible for us: Echelon x 3 = peloton. If that’s a problem, you can apparently buy a chart to tape to the bike.

I had been doing spin workouts for a full month by the time I returned to skiing and I will say that it’s been a LIFESAVER. I’m in my 40s. I’ve been spinning a short workout the morning we ski and doing a hip stretch using the peloton app. Then, when we get home, I foam roll. I’ve yet to be sore... the one time I was was when I didn’t realize that my old boots still had the stock insole and someone had stuck a heel lift in one side. (??!?!?!??!?!?)

If you’re on the fence, and the price difference matters, get the echelon and do the peloton app. We use this setup:

Being fit makes me enjoy skiing and wanting to ski makes me want to be fit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly