• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Peloton or Echelon?

Jenny

Angel Diva
OMG so I just got an email from the agent I spoke to this morning and they now moved me up to next week, 9/24 which is one day after I was to originally receive my bike. Crap and my spare room is definitely not fully cleaned out yet.

Chris was just like wow how badly did you torture these poor people to move up over a month?!? :rotf: I just called 1-2 times per day for a week, and emailed.. :becky:
Guess we know what you’re doing this weekend!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I started the 4 week Crush Your Core program on the Peloton app yesterday as well as checking out some yoga and will try the resistance band exercises next. I must say, I'm really liking the instructors and that you can filter for classes as short as 5 minutes. It's hard to NOT do something to move a bit when it only takes 5 minutes. I can see how it will be great to add onto a ride with some strength, yoga, and/or stretching classes each day! I like that I don't have to commit to a 60 minute yoga flow if I just want like 10 minutes of hip openers (which I did today). Ohh and I have never used a foam roller, but I just bought one and they have foam rolling classes in the stretching section. Helpful since I had no real idea what to do with it. :rotf:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I started the 4 week Crush Your Core program on the Peloton app yesterday as well as checking out some yoga and will try the resistance band exercises next. I must say, I'm really liking the instructors and that you can filter for classes as short as 5 minutes. It's hard to NOT do something to move a bit when it only takes 5 minutes. I can see how it will be great to add onto a ride with some strength, yoga, and/or stretching classes each day! I like that I don't have to commit to a 60 minute yoga flow if I just want like 10 minutes of hip openers (which I did today). Ohh and I have never used a foam roller, but I just bought one and they have foam rolling classes in the stretching section. Helpful since I had no real idea what to do with it. :rotf:
Foam rollers are awesome! Don’t leave home without one. But then again, we’re not going anywhere! Seriously I always bring mine to Tahoe!
Pretty excited for you ! Air Quality still off the charts here. No outdoor activities..... Enjoy!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Foam rollers are awesome! Don’t leave home without one. But then again, we’re not going anywhere! Seriously I always bring mine to Tahoe!
Pretty excited for you ! Air Quality still off the charts here. No outdoor activities..... Enjoy!

I wanted to try the foam roller for skiing especially, so I'll definitely be bringing it to Sunday River this winter!

Supposedly we even had some haziness in Boston yesterday from the wildfires across the country! At least that's what they said it was from on the news showing sunset.. I was shocked this past weekend that they had football at stadiums in CA with the air the way it is. Hope it gets better soon for you all out that way! :( Is there any relief in sight, rain, etc.?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ohh and I have never used a foam roller, but I just bought one and they have foam rolling classes in the stretching section. Helpful since I had no real idea what to do with it.
Foam rollers are great! I bring mine alone whenever I'm driving for a trip that involves staying at least a few nights.

Have considered this folding foam roller ever since I happened to catch it on Shark Tank. Invented by a pro football player who had back issues even while still playing pro football. The website has some good info about foam rolling.

https://brazynlife.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-morph-collapsible-foam-roller

MissySki

Angel Diva
I saw that! May have to give it a try, esp. since the subscription includes access for the whole family, as opposed to the Peloton subscription that's per-person.

I’m intrigued by the rowing since I want a rower at some point. Peloton was supposed to do one, but it seems that’s shelved for now. I also want them to add barre at some point, though I do have an app I love for that regardless.

Yeah, Peloton let’s you have more users with the higher priced subscription you need for the bike, but not on the app.. I’m actually hoping this competition might push on Peloton to lower their subscription prices. Would be interested in your review between the two and their classes if you end up trying it.

Jenny

Angel Diva
On a much smaller scale I just changed my iPad order from the 7th gen to the 8th gen for the same price, but I have to wait two more weeks for delivery.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
San Francisco air quality is fully in the green now, so I got a glorious 45 minute ride in this morning! One thing I've noticed about the Peloton app is that its syncing with the built-in Apple activity app is pretty inconsistent; this morning's workout still hasn't shown up there. It's a minor frustration, but it's definitely motivating me to give Apple's service a try when it becomes available.

Jenny

Angel Diva
So, no need to call and bug them about the date - got a text today that it's been shipped and should be here on the 22nd, which is before my original date.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From the Morning Brew today:
Might Be Time for a Living Room Bike Rack
Stop us if you’ve heard this before: An at-home fitness company is crushing it during the pandemic. Zwift, a training aid that hosts virtual bike and running races, raised $450 million at a valuation of more than $1 billion yesterday.

It’s not a Peloton clone

Instead of a roster of toned instructors yelling fortune cookie phrases at you, Zwift takes training a step further, immersing athletes in a 3D virtual world on a device of their choosing.

Investors are confident there’s a healthy appetite for screaming “On your left!” at your iPad; about 117,000 riders participated in a virtual Tour de France Zwift hosted in July.
But Zwift says it’ll eventually use the funding to go handlebar to handlebar with Peloton—it plans to introduce an indoor bike of its own in the near future.

Zoom out: Zwift is hoping its unique product will help it stand out in the crowded at-home fitness industry; Apple's Fitness+ service just entered the gym on Tuesday.

Jilly

Staff member
Most serious cycle people I know has this for off season training. I just bought a trainer and set it up last night. I'm not serious, just want some cardio. So I didn't spend that kind of money...it'll do for what I want.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Peloton is launching barre classes tomorrow!!! I’m so happy about this! I LOVE barre and was bummed they didn’t have it when I first looked into the app, a lot of people were constantly asking for it on social media pages too. There are a lot of very excited ladies right now! :yahoo:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna