• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Peloton or Echelon?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to have to pay the shipping for two bikes as well as for returning the one you don't want? Hope not. That could be expensive.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Are you going to have to pay the shipping for two bikes as well as for returning the one you don't want? Hope not. That could be expensive.

No, shipping (theirs is "white glove delivery") is included within the overall price of the bikes already and there is no restocking fee for the 30 day in home trial. Their delivery service (either Peloton or a third party in some areas) assemble the bike at your house (or in their van/outside of your house really) and then bring them in and set them up inside. They also pick up the returns in the same manner. This is the issue with getting delivery dates right now versus if they shipped through the mail because there are only so many slots to provide the service.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
No, shipping (theirs is "white glove delivery") is included within the overall price of the bikes already and there is no restocking fee for the 30 day in home trial. Their delivery service (either Peloton or a third party in some areas) assemble the bike at your house (or in their van/outside of your house really) and then bring them in and set them up inside. They also pick up the returns in the same manner. This is the issue with getting delivery dates right now versus if they shipped through the mail because there are only so many slots to provide the service.

Phew. Well, that's fortunate.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I just got through online for a date finally, October 26th! :cry:

So I guess this would line up pretty perfectly with using the old bike for the home trial for a month ahead of this one coming lol. I'm on hold on the phone again to see if there is anything they can do about this or swapping with my other date on 9/23.. I wouldn't be so mad if I'd gotten this date to begin with yesterday, but the fact that people in my local area are getting deliveries early next week and ordered after I did is really something I don't appreciate when it was a "glitch" in Peloton's system that caused this issue for some people and not others..

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, I'm happy to report that after being a thorn in Peloton's side this morning AGAIN.. I was able to move up my delivery of the Bike+ a little over 2 weeks from October 26th to October 10th. Not as good as I'd like after speaking to someone from the town over from me who ordered last night and got 9/28 (literally 7 miles away..), but I'm excited and will keep trying for earlier lol.

So, looks like I'll probably cancel my original order now since it seems like too much of a hassle to do a delivery on 9/23 and again on 10/10. Seemed much less ridiculous when it was over a month apart.

Oh, and anyone who might be on the fence about wanting a Peloton experience without the high price tag.. I'm hearing that they are going to be offering refurbished bikes with a warranty from $900-$1200 at some point relatively soon since so many people are trading theirs in to upgrade. I think it's great and will give so many more people an opportunity to join in if price was the only thing holding them back! Lots of people are trading in who have literally had their bikes less than a month, could be some amazing opportunities to be had here for those who want it.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
Well, I'm happy to report that after being a thorn in Peloton's side this morning AGAIN.. I was able to move up my delivery of the Bike+ a little over 2 weeks from October 26th to October 10th. Not as good as I'd like after speaking to someone from the town over from me who ordered last night and got 9/28 (literally 7 miles away..), but I'm excited and will keep trying for earlier lol.

I'm so glad you pulled it off! I was just reading where the new bike has some sort of auto calibration for power output, which sounds amazing; I think you're going to love it!

That's also really cool to hear about the original generation refurbished bikes going on sale... if they had already been available, I might have made a different choice vs. the Schwinn, but I'm pretty happy as-is.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm so glad you pulled it off! I was just reading where the new bike has some sort of auto calibration for power output, which sounds amazing; I think you're going to love it!

That's also really cool to hear about the original generation refurbished bikes going on sale... if they had already been available, I might have made a different choice vs. the Schwinn, but I'm pretty happy as-is.

I am very intrigued by the auto power option, though it scares me a little bit too so I’m not sure if I’ll use it at the beginning or not, we’ll see haha. Though I might because I’ve never really liked all the tinkering with a knob or lever in classes. I’m really hoping down the road they’ll incorporate this feature into scenic rides so they’d feel more realistic based on the terrain you’re riding on, that would be really cool.

I went to my local Peloton store to get fitted for the bike+ today, so I’d have my settings ready. I’ve never done that outside of a class instructor giving me a thumbs up on my seat height on my first day, so I figured might as well since they offer it for free by appt. and there are more adjustments than just seat height here. This is the first time I’ve been on a Peloton and I kind of loved it already. It was so darn smooth and silent to pedal, I felt very comfortable on it and the screen just draws you right in, even in the middle of a store. Most of all I noticed how refined it is compared to the spin bikes I’ve used at the gym. I’m so ready to start, another month to wait is going to be tough!

I did have one of the many agents I’ve been going back and forth with email me an hour ago saying he was still trying to find me an earlier date. That really surprised me, especially because their phones close at 6pm.. So we’ll see if anything comes from that. I kind of doubt it, but ya never know. I must have really motivated them to want me to leave them alone. :rotf:

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase! Does that mean the temperatures and air quality have improved for you to be able to exercise more comfortably at home now? What app did you decide to go with for classes?

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I’m really hoping down the road they’ll incorporate this feature into scenic rides so they’d feel more realistic based on the terrain you’re riding on, that would be really cool.
That would be... incredible. I can't even imagine what that'd be like!

It was so darn smooth and silent to pedal
That was my experience with the Schwinn, too! The electromagnetic resistance is something else!

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase! Does that mean the temperatures and air quality have improved for you to be able to exercise more comfortably at home now? What app did you decide to go with for classes?

Aughhhh I wish. Probably could've Tuesday morning—low level air quality was good and the temperatures were nice, but I was too freaked out by the sky. AQI's been in the 200s since then. I'm giving the Peloton app a try; it has a 30 day trial period and I like the structure of a class; it seems like a lot of the other apps are very self-led.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Aughhhh I wish. Probably could've Tuesday morning—low level air quality was good and the temperatures were nice, but I was too freaked out by the sky. AQI's been in the 200s since then. I'm giving the Peloton app a try; it has a 30 day trial period and I like the structure of a class; it seems like a lot of the other apps are very self-led.

Ugh sorry to hear that, hope it gets better soon! The pictures of the sky this week were so freaky!

Oh cool, if you stay with the Peloton app my leaderboard name is RogueAngel. Though it’ll be a month before we could ride together. :smile: I am planning on starting some off bike classes this week though. People seem to really like the crush your core 4 week program From Emma so definitely that, some yoga, and they also just added some strength resistance band workouts I want to look at. Ordered some extra bands from Amazon that arrived yesterday. I’m happy they addd those since heavier weights are hard to find right now and I only have lighter hand weights.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The app has “off bike” classes? I just ordered and received stretch resistance bands from Amazon also.
My trainer suggested I get some to add to our virtual workouts.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The app has “off bike” classes? I just ordered and received stretch resistance bands from Amazon also.
My trainer suggested I get some to add to our virtual workouts.

Yeah and the app without a Peloton bike or treadmill is quite cheap, I think like $14 per month or something? They have all kinds of stuff like yoga, core, strength, running, walking, bootcamp, etc. both live and on demand classes. Bootcamp has been running specific, but they are launching bike ones next week and sounds like more strength stuff is coming along with the resistance band ones they added this past week. If you have the Peloton bike or treadmill and want the screen to work with the leaderboard etc. it’s $39 per month.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Honestly I've never been a fan of exercise bikes of any kind, but with the AQ so bad, the idea of Peloton or another brand is looking better and better.
First time in my life (I'm a native) that I've ever experienced anything like this where going outside to exercise isn't the best idea. Doesn't matter that I live in a beach city with very little pollution. We got it now. The photos @gingerjess posted a few days ago from SF (75 miles north of here) were surreal. We didn't have the dark orange sky. Just plain dark.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Honestly I've never been a fan of exercise bikes of any kind, but with the AQ so bad, the idea of Peloton or another brand is looking better and better.
First time in my life (I'm a native) that I've ever experienced anything like this where going outside to exercise isn't the best idea. Doesn't matter that I live in a beach city with very little pollution. We got it now. The photos @gingerjess posted a few days ago from SF (75 miles north of here) were surreal. We didn't have the dark orange sky. Just plain dark.

I meant to respond to this earlier. I don't blame you for preferring the outside to an exercise machine! If I lived in a beautiful setting to bike by the beach like you I would too. MA is scary to think of biking on the roads, people are crazy and way too distracted driving. I bet some of my scenic rides will be in locations that look like yours! ;)

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hahaha right?

I think they’ve been adding routes here because I let someone in RI know who also got mid October and she got moved to next week, 9/22 when she called just now.

MissySki

Angel Diva
OMG so I just got an email from the agent I spoke to this morning and they now moved me up to next week, 9/24 which is one day after I was to originally receive my bike. Crap and my spare room is definitely not fully cleaned out yet.

Chris was just like wow how badly did you torture these poor people to move up over a month?!? :rotf: I just called 1-2 times per day for a week, and emailed.. :becky:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I meant to respond to this earlier. I don't blame you for preferring the outside to an exercise machine! If I lived in a beautiful setting to bike by the beach like you I would too. MA is scary to think of biking on the roads, people are crazy and way too distracted driving. I bet some of my scenic rides will be in locations that look like yours! ;)
Can't wait to hear about your scenic rides !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna