• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Peak Skis by Bode Miller

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow! Thanks for your response.
Not totally focused on finding a powder pair with Peak skis. Just curious to what they are like. What do you do to have this connection with Peak Skis?
Thanks again.

PS-----' Are you Trish, in this video???
I have not watched any video when I wrote above!
My husband and I run SkiTalk.com. And yes, I'm Tricia in those videos.
In the video interview with Dav, Bode and Andy Wirth, we were given the exclusive on announcing Dav joining them at Peak. We've been friends with Dav for almot 15 years and Bode for a few years starting with an interview with him when he went from Bomber to Crosson(Crosson was his intro into developing Peak with the keyhole™ technology)

*I try not to spam TheSkiDiva with our information because I respect what Wendy does here on SkiDiva, but someone on here sent me a note saying that I should check in on both the Leki and Peak Skis conversations.

Last edited:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow! Thanks for your response.
Not totally focused on finding a powder pair with Peak skis. Just curious to what they are like. What do you do to have this connection with Peak Skis?
Thanks again.

PS-----' Are you Trish, in this video???
I have not watched any video when I wrote above!
Also, as I noted in my review the Peak 88 has a longer TR when going at slow speeds but really opens up and comes alive when you get it up to speed. Super stable as well.
I skied it back to back with the 2023 Völkl Kenja 88, which has a quicker TR at Aspen Snowmass the first week of April when we met up with Bode the week they introduced the ski line.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Also, as I noted in my review the Peak 88 has a longer TR when going at slow speeds but really opens up and comes alive when you get it up to speed. Super stable as well.
I skied it back to back with the 2023 Völkl Kenja 88, which has a quicker TR at Aspen Snowmass the first week of April when we met up with Bode the week they introduced the ski line.
I love Kenja. I have total of 3 pairs. 2 are from 20 and 21. I think the new one that you got on are not as stiff as the previous models, which if so, a bummer. Aspen is my mountain. Hoping to get to demo Peack skis. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJM

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love Kenja. I have total of 3 pairs. 2 are from 20 and 21. I think the new one that you got on are not as stiff as the previous models, which if so, a bummer. Aspen is my mountain. Hoping to get to demo Peack skis. Thanks again.
Not less stiff as much as "tailored titinal construction" so its more tailored to the individual skier.
Still plenty of stout for most skiers and a little more lively.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Bode Miller and Chris Davenport will be at Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov. 18-20. Peak Skis has a booth near the Ikon Pass Alpine Bar, Burke and Saddleback. Miller is doing a Fireside Chat on Friday afternoon and Davenport has one late Saturday afternoon.
Sounds great. I will be heading to Aspen on 11/19 for the season with a pair I just bought, Atomic S9. I will miss them in Boston.
I will see one of them, at least, in Aspen. Chris lives there. Thanks!

Are you headed to Boston?

Reactions: AJM

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds great. I will be heading to Aspen on 11/19 for the season with a pair I just bought, Atomic S9. I will miss them in Boston.

Yes, I'm driving up to Boston for Snowbound Expo Nov. 18-20. The list of Divas who plan to attend for at least one day in the MOTH thread has over a dozen names. There are quite a few active Divas who live within an hour of Boston.

I attended the previous version of the ski expo held in Boston at the Seaport World Trade Center when my daughter was in school near Boston. A UK company is running the show for the first time in the USA and moved it to the Hynes Convention Center. Raccoon Media has been running successful expos for runners in the UK for several years and expanded to cover snow sports in 2021. The line up of speakers and major brands is impressive.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yes, I'm driving up to Boston for Snowbound Expo Nov. 18-20. The list of Divas who plan to attend for at least one day in the MOTH thread has over a dozen names. There are quite a few active Divas who live within an hour of Boston.

I attended the previous version of the ski expo held in Boston at the Seaport World Trade Center when my daughter was in school near Boston. A UK company is running the show for the first time in the USA and moved it to the Hynes Convention Center. Raccoon Media has been running successful expos for runners in the UK for several years and expanded to cover snow sports in 2021. The line up of speakers and major brands is impressive.
Have fun!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bode Miller and Chris Davenport will be at Snowbound Expo in Boston Nov. 18-20. Peak Skis has a booth near the Ikon Pass Alpine Bar, Burke and Saddleback. Miller is doing a Fireside Chat on Friday afternoon and Davenport has one late Saturday afternoon.
Phil and I are also going to be at Snowbound. Booth K60
We will also be speaking on two different occasions.
Hope to see some SkiDivas while there.

Last edited:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Dav is a genuiinely kind and gracious person.
I'm sure he's going to have a demo fleet of skis for people to test.

I'm in the car now(Phil is driving) heading to Mt Rose for opening day and I'm skiing on the Peak 88 today.

Stoked.
:thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, and in case you missed it, Michelle Parker joined the Peak Team!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, and I forgot to add, if you stop by our booth, we'll have a contest for you to have a chance to win one of these awesome prizes.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 12.01.18 PM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
@Mudgirl630 spoke to Chris Davenport at the Boston Ski Expo today and @lisamamot and I mentioned your living in Aspen and wanting to try Peak skis. Although I don’t know your actual name so I said you were called “Mudgirl” on the ski forum. He was so nice and said to tell you to contact him in Aspen and he will gladly get you on Peak skis to try them out. :thumbsup:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Oh, and I forgot to add, if you stop by our booth, we'll have a contest for you to have a chance to win one of these awesome prizes.

View attachment 19551
Tricia- it was nice to see you and Phil yesterday. Hope today goes well. Safe travels.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
@Mudgirl630 spoke to Chris Davenport at the Boston Ski Expo today and @lisamamot and I mentioned your living in Aspen and wanting to try Peak skis. Although I don’t know your actual name so I said you were called “Mudgirl” on the ski forum. He was so nice and said to tell you to contact him in Aspen and he will gladly get you on Peak skis to try them out. :thumbsup:
That is so kind! Thank you!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tricia- it was nice to see you and Phil yesterday. Hope today goes well. Safe travels.
It was really great seeing you and several other women from here and SkiTalk.
Lets try to ski together some time.
That is so kind! Thank you!
If you have trouble connecting, let me know and I'll see if I can connect. We spend a fair amount of time with Dav.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
It was really great seeing you and several other women from here and SkiTalk.
Lets try to ski together some time.

If you have trouble connecting, let me know and I'll see if I can connect. We spend a fair amount of time with Dav.
That is so kind. Thank you. I hate to make troubles. Since I just bought another pair of slalom skis, not in a hurry to buy another pair right away. I will wait for an appotunity to appear to demo. Thanks!

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
Shortest length for the 88 is 160, which is about the same as my current all-mountain skis that are 85 underfoot. The shortest length is 168 for the 98 and 104. For me as a petite skier, the wider models are unlikely to work at those lengths. I've demo'd powder skis as long as 166, but it's a stretch even with plenty of tip and tail rocker.
I'm barely 5'0. My latest communication from them said they were planning on coming out with some shorter lengths. I would love to demo them but the idea of having them shipped to me, buying bindings, having a shop put the bindings on, and then possibly returning the skis after having the bindings removed isn't appealing. Any other way? I wonder if going to their shop (planning a ski trip to their area in Montana?) could yield a demo session.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna