• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Patagonia Powder Bowl Jacket Question

Peppermint

Angel Diva
Hi, I recently purchased the uninsulated version of the Patagonia Powder Bowl Jacket in Roamer Red and it is an absolutely beautiful jacket and I can't wait to wear it next season. This is my first time with this brand and even though I love the fit and feel of the jacket, I am a little disappointed that the interior collar area is not lined with soft touch material like my insulated HH jacket is, considering the price point. I am a little worried it will cause chafing and am wondering if anyone else with this jacket has had any issues with rubbing against their chin area. Also, does anyone know if there is a way to add a softer material with double sided tape or something that that could be added then removed if needed without voiding the warranty? Sorry if this sounds like an ignorant question but I have no experience with any ways of modifying garments, especially a technical one like this jacket. Thanks!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have several Patagonia jackets... I almost always wear a neck warmer or buff... Easy to wash and keeps the inner collar clean. They come in several fabrics. I have a super thin one for warm days and some nice Icebreaker ones for colder days....

geargrrl

Angel Diva
You will be fine... just wear a neckwarmer or buff. I always ski with a neckwarmer. Only on the hottest days would I ever consider a bare neck inside my jacket.

I just retired: closed my business of 25 years as a ski wear alterationist. I would tell you this..... wear a neckwarmer, don't try and come up with some less than ideal modification for a problem that you don't even know exists.

As for the chin, the zipper should have a zip garage at the top?

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I have the Patagonia Untracked shell jacket. Most days I wear a neck gaiter so the lack of lining never bothered me. On days where it’s warm enough that I don’t need a gaiter, the jacket is never zipped all the way up. It’s never been an issue for me.

Christy

Angel Diva
I just looked at my collection of winter coats/rain parkas/ski coats/etc and none of them have a soft neck interior. I have the Powder Bowl but like others always wear a neck gaiter with it.

You will be fine... just wear a neckwarmer or buff. I always ski with a neckwarmer. Only on the hottest days would I ever consider a bare neck inside my jacket.

I just retired: closed my business of 25 years as a ski wear alterationist. I would tell you this..... wear a neckwarmer, don't try and come up with some less than ideal modification for a problem that you don't even know exists.

As for the chin, the zipper should have a zip garage at the top?
congrats on your retirement!

Also @Peppermint, I have the insulated and uninsulated versions of the Powder Bowl jacket, bought both this season and LOVE them. I've worn both without a neck gaiter with no chin rubbing issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna