• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Passed my Level 2 PSIA exam -- Woo Hoo!

shadoj

Angel Diva
@Nedgirl No rush, of course! Just had to gently prod you like our patrol group does... can't even finish one thing before you're working on the next, haha!

Again... Way to go!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congratulations! What an achievement!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I work at Winter Park as a ski instructor, and we've been holding women's instructor clinics there to boost us women instructors up, kind of fits in with this forum. I've been trying to pass my Level 2 for about four years. I started off passing the Movement Analysis, but failing the Teach and Ski part. Then passsed the Teach part. Last year failed the Ski part a third time and vowed to get in better shape, get stronger, and work on hip strength. I passed the Ski last Friday at Steamboat and now have my certificate and pin. Such a long journey.

Before my exam, all these women instructors from my resort sent me inspiring text messages, brought tears to my eyes, and gave me that boost of confidence I needed.

I will say I know my skiing has improved technically so much from when I first started as an instructor eight years ago. It's just a reminder that we can keep getting better if we put the work in. And FYI, I'm in my 50s, so am not a youngster anymore.
What a great story. Congrats! LII is a big deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly