• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Park City - Thanksgiving week conditions and where to stay

XTmom

Diva in Training
We are planning to go to Park City for Thanksgiving week, with hopes to ski, have Epic. Looks like it will be opening week based on past years. I know it's impossible to know the weather in advance, but for those that know, how much of a gamble is this?

Also, looking at lodging it seems there are 3 main options - slopeside, in town but close to resort (easy bus ride), and more out of town near canyons. Open to any but wondering if any area is better to stay than others? We will most likely have a rental car, but willing to go without if it isn't necessary. I'll be going with my two teens. Thanks!

XTmom

Diva in Training
With the $25 parking fee I think slopeside or in town are our best bet. Any preference of the two? Although a lot of places say the town lift is nearby, I've read that it doesn't open until Dec. Sound right? Also looks like they are saying Friday 11/18 as opening day, pending conditions. Seems awful early. Would greatly appreciate info anyone has to share!

Christy

Angel Diva
I am not the Park City expert so I'm hoping @contesstant or @BonStarlet will chime in but my understanding is that early season is not a good bet there. It's not really a good bet most places so you'd have to expect to be skiing manmade snow and limited runs most places. The thing that would give me pause is how many people have Epic and how crowded those resorts have gotten. If you have a lot of people wanting to ski on a few manmade ribbons that gets really unpleasant and perhaps dangerous.

altagirl

Staff member
I feel like Brighton is a much better bet for early season snow, but it's really just unpredictable that early. Opening dates are just guesses until you see what the weather does. Occasionally we get good snow for Thanksgiving. And sometimes there is nothing.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It is unlikely that u would b able 2 ski on Thanksgiving WE at PC.
U don't have 2 pay parking. PC has a good+ free bus system & most condos/hotels r within 5 min of a bus stop. SLC 2 PC is a 40 mn drive during ski season u don't need a car in PC. The Vail/PC resort has 2 sides. One is PC, the other side is closer 2 Hwy & is called Canyons. Without full snow coverage u cannot ski from canyons 2 PC. Last year opening day was a mob. Only 1 run was open on each side. Most storms come from West hit Salt Lake then PC. The lake is a puddle= no lake effect = less snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna