• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Park City new chairs installation blocked

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bottom line is that the proposed new chairlifts will not be installed this summer. Assuming VR gets approval eventually, the earliest they would be operation would be in late 2023.

altagirl

Staff member
I mean, I can see that. If there are major problems with parking and traffic, adding on-mountain capacity without addressing the overcrowding issues causing pain points in town isn't a great idea. I can see this just resulting in VR doing more complaining that nothing is their fault though.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And yet....the Park City Planning Commission just unanimously approved Deer Valley's Burns Express project. I heard Park City Mountain's plan had a ton of exceptions. Deer Valley's didn't.

altagirl

Staff member
And yet....the Park City Planning Commission just unanimously approved Deer Valley's Burns Express project. I heard Park City Mountain's plan had a ton of exceptions. Deer Valley's didn't.
So, I'm not sure on this, but i don't think Deer Valley has nearly the parking or traffic issues. You can access it from different routes AND they definitely limit ticket sales on a daily basis to 7500 a day.

marzNC

Angel Diva
So, I'm not sure on this, but i don't think Deer Valley has nearly the parking or traffic issues. You can access it from different routes AND they definitely limit ticket sales on a daily basis to 7500 a day.
Also, even Full Ikon holders are limited to 7 days. I think a reservation may be required but not sure. DV is owned by Alterra and is the only Alterra resort with Ikon limitations like that.

Epic pass holders who paid for the full Epic have had no limits for Park City. That includes international travelers from Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Meaning they can all plan to be in Utah during the Christmas holidays. Along with all the American families who have Epic and want to squeeze in a ski vacation during the winter break for kids in school.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly