• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Park City March 2020

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I am supposed to be flying out next Sunday to PC and it looks like the weather is really warming up and even seeing rain in forecast. I am wondering if the mountain weather and the weather channel weather are usually accurate or if the mountain is cooler than what weather channel says.

What were conditions like today if anyone was out at Park City. Thanks!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't use the Weather Channel for ski resort weather. Instead I look at OpenSnow, which is geared towards snowsports. Predicting temps a week out is pretty hard to do. Below is the forecast for Park City for the next few days. You can compare to other forecasts and get a sense of any differences.

OpenSnow for Park City as of March 7, 2020, 8:30pm ET
Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 8.35.08 PM.png

StayWarm

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband and I just got back today from a week skiing in Utah, though we were at Powder Mountain, which is north of SLC. Conditions were warm, especially toward the end of the week. Utah's hurting for snow right now (I believe the headline for today's forecast in OnTheSnow, the app I use, was "Ugh.") They really need a solid 6"+ of snow to come through; these 1-2" every couple of days aren't really enough.

We had some friends skiing Park City last weekend; they were happy in the bumps, which were softer due to warmer weather.

We had a good time at Powder Mountain (it's our favorite mountain), but I had all of my vents open and ended up removing the liners from my gloves to keep from overheating on Friday. You may want to bring some lighter layers.

If you like spring skiing, you'll be happy. It was quite slushy, though, so I'd be prepared to get a wax for warmer temps on your skis.

nattee

Diva in Training
@sorcamc We also have plans going to PC on the week of March 22nd and wonder about snow conditions. Let us know if you enjoyed it.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am headed there tomorrow, I definitely will let you know~ Looks like this week will be a little warmer than I hoped, but maybe that is good for killing this virus :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna