• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

pants by body type- brand suggestions?

boodles7

Certified Ski Diva
My Montec Dune pants arrived and they're great. Waist adjusts and slimmer in thighs than other pants I've tried on. Their stuff runs on the larger size so I went down a size and they're perfect.

I also have The North Face Apex pants which I love and are even slimmer in thighs but they're not warm enough on really cold days, hence why I got the Montec. Those run small so I went up a size and they're snug but fit comfortably enough.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
My Montec Dune pants arrived and they're great. Waist adjusts and slimmer in thighs than other pants I've tried on. Their stuff runs on the larger size so I went down a size and they're perfect.

I also have The North Face Apex pants which I love and are even slimmer in thighs but they're not warm enough on really cold days, hence why I got the Montec. Those run small so I went up a size and they're snug but fit comfortably enough.
Do you think they would be k for curves aka butt and hips? I need high waisted too. Enjoy

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I have a booty and Mountain Hardware pants fit me really well. The waist hits at my belly button and they have enough cut to fit my bottom without having a waist gap. The legs are not super fitted, but also not overly baggy.

I also have the carbide bibs from Outdoor research, and they fit pretty well, but are a tad tighter around my bottom.
Hi. Do you still like the OR bibs? I’m looking at OR skytour Accent ( I think) or Trew. Open to suggestions. I resort ski and don’t want to be cold with unwind bibs but if they have enough room I could layer up.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Hi. Do you still like the OR bibs? I’m looking at OR skytour Accent ( I think) or Trew. Open to suggestions. I resort ski and don’t want to be cold with unwind bibs but if they have enough room I could layer up.
I love my OR bibs! I have the Carbide bibs which are a lightweight shell. They fit really well even with layers. I generally have a long underwear top and either the OR ascendent jacket or a NorthFace Thermoball that I wear under the bibs. For bottom layers I wear the Patagonia expedition weight long underwear and layer a down knicker over if needed. They fit the layers very well.

Bathroom - they have a long zipper down the right side and stretchy straps so you just undo the zipper and pull the pants to the side. Probably not quite as convenient as a full drop seat, but so far has not caused me any real headaches. The super long zipper is also great for venting.

I really love the extra pockets, the general comfiness and not getting my sides scratched by the velcro adjustments bands in pants.

I have quite a few outdoor research products and really love the way they perform and hold up. Let me know if you have any other questions.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Snoga/Apex pants from North Face have 4 way stretch - you will probably need to size up a couple of sizes for curves as they are not cut super generously, but the stretchy fabric should keep the leg quite skinny. I'm not sure if they're discontinued now though - stock in stores here tends to linger for several seasons.
I tried and loved these but my god- they run smmmallll!!!!!!!!! maybe I am running big

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I love my OR bibs! I have the Carbide bibs which are a lightweight shell. They fit really well even with layers. I generally have a long underwear top and either the OR ascendent jacket or a NorthFace Thermoball that I wear under the bibs. For bottom layers I wear the Patagonia expedition weight long underwear and layer a down knicker over if needed. They fit the layers very well.

Bathroom - they have a long zipper down the right side and stretchy straps so you just undo the zipper and pull the pants to the side. Probably not quite as convenient as a full drop seat, but so far has not caused me any real headaches. The super long zipper is also great for venting.

I really love the extra pockets, the general comfiness and not getting my sides scratched by the velcro adjustments bands in pants.

I have quite a few outdoor research products and really love the way they perform and hold up. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Do you understand bib weight? Is heavier better or worse? I did try flylow moxie ...and it fit but I wasn't impressed with tge pockets or zipper with velcro.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Do you understand bib weight? Is heavier better or worse? I did try flylow moxie ...and it fit but I wasn't impressed with tge pockets or zipper with velcro.
I think the weight of the bib depends on how you want to use it. My bibs are very lightweight which is great for me because I bought them to be my warmer weather shell pants. I already have an insulated heavier pair of gore-tex pants for colder days.

If you want breathability, then go more lightweight. If you want a bib for colder weather, then go heavier (heavier also tends to be a bit more durable, but so far my bibs are doing just fine).

Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna