• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Pandoras 110

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm on the 95, but I've skied both and I helped my sister in law pick out the 110s. I'm 5-2/108 and I'm on the 162. They served me really well transitioning from a "capable" skier on all terrain to skiing more aggressively. I use them for backcountry now, and it's a good balance for wiggling through ungladed trees vs. being able to handle speed in open terrain. Skis I've bought since have been in the high 160s/low 170s, but I haven't had any issues with my shorties feeling insufficient.

SIL is a little taller/bigger/stronger (I'd ballpark 5-6/130) and is looking to replace her 110s in 162 because they feel short. Another friend is ~5-7 and a very aggressive skier with a race background and skis a 179 and feels like they're short (worth noting though that she has few skis <180cm).

Belgiangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup, I ski the 2018 110mm Pandora. I'm 5'4, about 120 lbs, low advanced and ski the 172cm. If you check my post history you'll see I've been raving about this ski ever since I got to try it :becky: Skied them for 8 full days in all kinds of conditions last week and they're just so much fun. Surprisingly little tip chatter too for a ski described as 'surfy'. I'd recommend you to size up, they do ski short.

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like @Analisa I also ski on the 95s. I'm 5' closer to 110 lbs (ugh, need to stop drinking beer!), and ski on the 152s. I got these as my "big girl" ski, that really did open up an entire world of abilities and skills. They have early tip rise so they do ski a bit shorter. My new pow/AT ski is the Black Crows Atris Birdie which is 108 underfoot. The smallest size they make is a 160cm and I feel great on them despite coming from 152 and 153 cm skis. It has more tip and tail rocker than the Pandora, but it's certainly something to think about when choosing what length. I've heard that if anything...go a little longer in a ski that has early tip rise because in theory you're really skiing less of the ski!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly