• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Paddling with Harbor Seals

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone ever paddled in Narragansett Bay? I heard that you can paddle with harbor seals, paddle out to an island and see the seals sunning on the rocks. Late October/November seems to be the time of year.

I would rather not go with an outfitter if I can avoid it. I have all of the equipment, I have experience, I need some tips from locals.

Also, since we plan to make a weekend of it, if you have any tips for other things to do in the Newport area - restaurants, attractions etc. I appreciate any suggestions. AND, as a bonus, if you know of a dog-friendly beach, you would make three dogs very happy.

If Killington is open, :eyebrows: I'm not going kayaking.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Before anyone gets upset, the dogs will not be around the seals. I am looking for a beach where the dogs can run and not bother anyone off-season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna