• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Own your own portable back country rope tow

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this on the internet: a portable rope tow you can use in the backcountry! It's being touted as a game-changing way to enjoy backcountry skiing and riding, and it’s one step closer to launch.

The PL1 from Zoa Engineering is designed to fit in a backpack for a day in the backcountry. You make your ascent, tie a line, lay the line down your run, attach the motor/handle anywhere along the line, ride up, ski down, and repeat.

What do you think?

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My first thought is that people will use that illegally in wilderness areas.

What does the motor sound like? I notice they chose to omit that noise.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing.

newboots

Angel Diva
I wondered at first how the gizmo gets back down to the bottom. Then I realized, you take it with you! That makes sense, although it looks like the little cluster of ski friends waiting at the top will spend some time waiting their turn.

Then I wondered how much it would cost. But I decided not to try to find out. Sigh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly