• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Over the Hill Gang Copper Mountain

newboots

Angel Diva
Wow, look at that site! (I confess that ski joring looks terrifying to me, but I do recognize it's a spectator sport for most of us!)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wow, look at that site! (I confess that ski joring looks terrifying to me, but I do recognize it's a spectator sport for most of us!)
I almost went to watch at Big Sky a while back. When I read up on it then, I was surprised that the skier and rider are often not a team. Skiers can sign up and get assigned to a random horse!

Apparently came over from Europe and was done in Lake Placid in 1915 and New Hampshire in 1916.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/horse-skijoring-history/

alison wong

Angel Diva
Documentary film: Snow Day - Lift, Death and Skiing

If you have Amazon prime consider watching this documentary film: Snow Day - Lift, Death and Skiing.

The mountain featured is Copper I believe. Link shared above is the thread.

Description:
Hit the slopes with a charming group of senior citizen skiers whose stories unfold along with the ski day. Set in the Colorado Rockies, join 6 skiers as they embrace both the joy and adversity that accompanies a long life lived well. You'll be inspired by their stories of love, loss, and personal growth that play out in high contrast to the freedom and athleticism they exhibit on the mountain.

Genres Fitness, Documentary, Sports
Director Erica Milsom
Starring Betty Meyer, Phil Mathews, Clark Milsom

If you have an Amazon prime account, please consider watching this movie. I enjoyed it so much. The mtn featured in the film is Copper and this group meets every Wednesday.

Highly recommended!

newboots

Angel Diva
I just finished Life, Death and Skiing (Amazon Prime). I rented it - there didn't seem to be a free option although I'm a Prime member. Lovely documentary, and so inspiring! I am not far from the age of one of those women; I'd better work on my pivot slips! @alison wong - thanks so much!

MoreSkiing

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks @marzNC. I should have known to ask you! I will let you know if I’m for sure doing this so you can stop by if you’re in the area. I am renting a 3 BR / 2.5 BA house so I will have room for guests!
+I would be interested in chatting with you about going to copper, A basin. I have IKON pass and have never skied copper or A basin and looking for some gals to ski wiwth. P.S. Also highly considering Big Sky too....

MoreSkiing

Certified Ski Diva
You're welcome. I consider Copper my home mountain although I gave up my pass this year. CDOT does a great job of keeping roads clear in the winter. Many towns like Leadville would be very isolated if they didn't.
I have a small condo in Silverthorne and am usually at Copper during the week. I'm hoping this comimg ski season will turn out better than last season.
I posted this on someone else too---+I would be interested in chatting with you about going to copper, A basin. I have IKON pass and have never skied copper or A basin and looking for some gals to ski wiwth. P.S. Also highly considering Big Sky too....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna