• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Out for the season

newboots

Angel Diva
Look at the stitches and the swelling. Your body is amazing and has already gotten you through a lot - it will get you through this. You just have to let it pace you.
^^ Really good point!

Surgery is an insult, on top of injury. And for you! Another insulting surgery after that! Patience will be your friend. If you can stand her!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Nor mine. I feel well enough that I am chafing at this necessary restriction. But I am not going to do anything to jeopardize the repair.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
And...20 days later...a critical milestone approaches...

Next Tuesday at 9:30 am the surgeon will X-ray his work and determine if my healing has progressed to the point that I am ready for partial weight bearing. DH and I personally feel that I am absolutely ready. But apparently neither of us has received an orthopedic degree, so it's not up to us.

I am doing well, getting stronger, even developing a bit of upper body strength and balance, two attributes which as a long time skier I am embarrassed to have lacked to some degree. I have no pain, and I have not needed to ingest painkillers for several weeks. But I am SO very bored.

Next Tuesday looms large as my next big step (no pun intended!) and it will be devastating if I am not permitted to start bearing weight (50%?) and to begin what will be painful but oh so necessary serious hard core PT. Meanwhile I have been working on my ROM and have progressed to almost 90°. This is minimal for someone who has had a knee replacement, but hopefully acceptable for someone who has suffered my degree of trauma.

Please send me your thoughts and prayers from now until Tuesday morning that I reach this major milestone.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
And...20 days later...a critical milestone approaches...

Next Tuesday at 9:30 am the surgeon will X-ray his work and determine if my healing has progressed to the point that I am ready for partial weight bearing. DH and I personally feel that I am absolutely ready. But apparently neither of us has received an orthopedic degree, so it's not up to us.

I am doing well, getting stronger, even developing a bit of upper body strength and balance, two attributes which as a long time skier I am embarrassed to have lacked to some degree. I have no pain, and I have not needed to ingest painkillers for several weeks. But I am SO very bored.

Next Tuesday looms large as my next big step (no pun intended!) and it will be devastating if I am not permitted to start bearing weight (50%?) and to begin what will be painful but oh so necessary serious hard core PT. Meanwhile I have been working on my ROM and have progressed to almost 90°. This is minimal for someone who has had a knee replacement, but hopefully acceptable for someone who has suffered my degree of trauma.

Please send me your thoughts and prayers from now until Tuesday morning that I reach this major milestone.
Will be thinking of you and hoping you are able to start moving forward as you are wanting!!

newboots

Angel Diva
I am holding you in my thoughts with tons of hope, but I want to add that your spirit is obviously up to the task of carrying you through. Nonetheless, we are cheering you on!

:thumbsup:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
This isn't pretty but it's so much better than the photo I posted in the beginning.

Today is actually my first day wearing a sock on that foot. By next Tuesday I hope to manage a shoe as well in anticipation of receiving the go-ahead for weight bearing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_115643862.jpg
    IMG_20220120_115643862.jpg
    935.2 KB · Views: 35

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the colourful toe socks! Looks like your foot is a lot less swollen than in the last photo, and that surgery scar is looking well healed now. It's going to be quite a badass scar!

Fingers crossed for the weight bearing and the PT ahead!

newboots

Angel Diva
It may not be pretty, exactly, but you were a dear to put that sock on for us! Adorable! And it quite distracts from the mega-scar and the steri-strips, some of which are a bit off their game.

And you're outside! In the sun! Nobody was outside today without being quite bundled up here in NY state. That has to speed the healing, just being out in the driveway.

Best of luck making more amazing progress!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
It may not be pretty, exactly, but you were a dear to put that sock on for us! Adorable! And it quite distracts from the mega-scar and the steri-strips, some of which are a bit off their game.

And you're outside! In the sun! Nobody was outside today without being quite bundled up here in NY state. That has to speed the healing, just being out in the driveway.

Best of luck making more amazing progress!

Yes, I actually got a bit of a sunburn! It's going to be in the 70's all week. Great for me but with no rain in sight it's very disappointing for the next months of skiing and for a break from the drought.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Happy to report that the next phase has begun. Today I was cleared for partial weight bearing (50% for 3 weeks, then more as tolerated). I have scheduled my PT evaluation for tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna