• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Out for the season

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Funny, I just got IC for my midnight snack.

I'm told the surgery went well and I am back in my room with not too much pain. I will update after I see the surgeon.

I really appreciate and enjoy everyone's supporting wishes and prayers..

Skibum4ever (aka Barbara)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update. You've been through so much; now it's time for the healing to begin! Hugs to you.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Oh, @skibum4ever, I am so very sorry to hear of your injury - that is just awful. We will gather our collective inner warriors and send you healing thoughts and grit to see you through your recovery.

newboots

Angel Diva
I fell behind on this thread! So glad you are out of surgery; my thoughts and prayers will be for a (relatively) smooth road to recovery. I dare not ask for a pain-free or easy recovery, since that’s impossible, but I am sure you have the strength and perseverance to get through it and come out better on the other side.

Let the healing commence!

newboots

Angel Diva
I’m so glad you have The Ski Diva forum with you while you are stuck in a hospital bed!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I fell behind also. It's amazing how tiring and time consuming doing absolutely nothing can be.

I stayed at Hoag until Sunday afternoon. I did very little but they did control my pain and give me the minimal PT which I could absorb. By the time I checked out I was much more comfortable transferring from bed to commode to wheelchair to car as we had practiced all those activities several times. I felt that I was exactly ready to go home.

Since my return home 48 hours ago I have become a little bit stronger and can see the possibility of getting out of the chair without help in a few more days. It's not much but it's comforting. Met with Hoag Home PT this morning and he confirmed that in these early days I am not expected to do anything, and that I am actually moving quite well for an older person with a traumatic leg injury. It's so easy to get discouraged. PT also counselled that I get a better wheelchair before attempting to go anywhere, so DH is currently working on that.

I will work on paperwork especially ski pass refunds over the next week. I awoke this morning with a strong sense of purpose and I hope to accomplish a little bit every day. And I will anxiously await my next surgeon appointment and a roadmap to the following weeks

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@skibum4ever … thank you for the update. I was wondering about you this am.

Glad you are feeling the fire to do things.
Don’t push harder than they tell, pace yourself, and please accept good wishes. :smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
What a positive attitude! As you probably know, it will be a significant factor in your recovery. (You are allowed to wallow when you have a bad day here and there, however!)

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Oh trust me there have been wallowing and discouragement. For example yesterday I had to do some work on my PC. DH helped me get over there with no problem. However, I could not sit there long enough to actually accomplish what I needed. So I will try again later today, immediately after taking a pain pill.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Oh trust me there have been wallowing and discouragement. For example yesterday I had to do some work on my PC. DH helped me get over there with no problem. However, I could not sit there long enough to actually accomplish what I needed. So I will try again later today, immediately after taking a pain pill.
Careful if you’re shopping! No telling what a pain pill induced haze might make you buy!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Careful if you’re shopping! No telling what a pain pill induced haze might make you buy!

My reputation obviously precedes me.

No, I have been so sleepy and out of it that I don't dare to shop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna