• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Out for the season

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG that’s horrible! I hope your recovery goes smoothly through the surgeries and beyond!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh yuck! Have they gone plate and pins? Full sympathies and wishes for a speedy recovery

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Oh no!!

Having broken my leg 9 years ago (not skiing, just slipping on the stairs) I wish you as comfortable and quick of recovery as possible. I totally recommend getting silicone pads for the tops of your crutches and a little crutch carrying bag for things like your phone. Stay on top of your pain meds in the early days -- no need to be a hero! I found that a bean bag chair was great for elevating my leg while sleeping-- keeps it from moving side to side. And time to binge watch all the shows you ever wanted to catch up on!!!

Virtual hugs to you. I remember how hard it was, both in the beginning and when you first start walking without crutches again and everyone thinks you're "normal" but you are really exhausted and still in pain. But know that you will keep getting better and stronger for much longer than you expect!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Oh yuck! Have they gone plate and pins? Full sympathies and wishes for a speedy recovery

A 6" plate with a plethora of screws for the tibia, and a rod for the fibula.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
So sorry that happened @skibum4ever. I do hope that the Mammoth ski patrol handled you well. That’s quite a tricky accident to extricate! I am hoping you had a good experience with the rescue. Undoubtedly painful!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So bummed for you and your season and the jacket hanging alone on the shelf. Please hang in there. On the days you feel blue, come here and vent a little. It is OK to go up and down. Darn it!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Thanks to all. I will continue to update my status in this thread.

I was released from Mammoth Hospital about 2 pm. We are now headed to Hoag which is our preferred orthopedic resource. The release planner in Mammoth worked a miracle and managed to get me a direct transfer to Hoag.

I will have a second surgery shortly. This is a complex repair and I hope and pray that I chose the right surgeon. He will repair my femur and probably give me a new knee. Eek! That means they have to remove the first artificial knee. I normally Google my procedures but had an anxiety attack thinking about this one. So I am putting my future in the surgeon's hand and doing a lot of praying.

Your thoughts and prayers will be most welcome.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Definite thoughts and prayers for you. I understand Hoag is a top notch hospital, one of the best in your area.
Please keep us posted. Good not to google everything. Have faith in your doctors.

Ugh, that's such a bummer. Your upbeat attitude will serve you well through what sounds like an ordeal of a winter and spring. This could happen to any of us, don't be too hard on yourself! Stay positive, we Divas are all thinking of you.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Things I learned after preparing myself for my dad’s TKR. Don’t google surgeries.
Had to relearn this lesson when I got a dental graft/implant in 3 procedures.
Sending all the good vibes and good thoughts. May brilliance be with your care team as they care for you.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks to all. I will continue to update my status in this thread.

I was released from Mammoth Hospital about 2 pm. We are now headed to Hoag which is our preferred orthopedic resource. The release planner in Mammoth worked a miracle and managed to get me a direct transfer to Hoag.

I will have a second surgery shortly. This is a complex repair and I hope and pray that I chose the right surgeon. He will repair my femur and probably give me a new knee. Eek! That means they have to remove the first artificial knee. I normally Google my procedures but had an anxiety attack thinking about this one. So I am putting my future in the surgeon's hand and doing a lot of praying.

Your thoughts and prayers will be most welcome.

I'll be thinking of you and waiting for your next update! <3 Very good strategy to not google the surgery, it never makes anything better when it comes to this type of medical stuff haha. I'm really scared of surgeries. You're doing so well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna