• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opinions on which skis

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you get yours at Sierra? The prices on Sierra for Liberty V skis made it hard for many to scroll on by.
I did. I’ve been pining over something narrower than my 88s, especially this year with our dismal snow. Hard to pass up on $199.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m 5’2.5” and currently 146 pounds.
Well I'm on the 157's and they feel just right. I also thought the Sheeva 10's I demoed were the right length. I'm a little shorter than you and lighter . You might try the next length up and see what you think. Also, definitely try the Santa Ana 93's.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m 5’2.5” and currently 146 pounds.

I’m 5’4” 125lbs and ski the 164 Sheeva 9. They ski short so I’d recommend going up from your Sheeva 10 length. I’ve demoed the Sheeva 10 and actually thought they did pretty well on groomers in the East. The 9 is a lot more fun imo, but I may be biased since they’re my daily driver.

ashkat0323

Certified Ski Diva
Well I'm on the 157's and they feel just right. I also thought the Sheeva 10's I demoed were the right length. I'm a little shorter than you and lighter . You might try the next length up and see what you think. Also, definitely try the Santa Ana 93's.
I’m 5’4” 125lbs and ski the 164 Sheeva 9. They ski short so I’d recommend going up from your Sheeva 10 length. I’ve demoed the Sheeva 10 and actually thought they did pretty well on groomers in the East. The 9 is a lot more fun imo, but I may be biased since they’re my daily driver.

How do you guys think the 9 does in some powder and off trail? I don’t stay on the groomers if there has been any fresh snow. I like to ski ungroomed runs and dip into trees, and to off the sides of the groomers.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'll defer to @MissySki as she's had them a couple of years. Mine are literally brand new, but I did ski the sides of groomers and dip into trees a little . I bought them as wanted a ski with a short turning radius for trees and bumps not powder and heavy chop. So I don't know but @MissySki and @lisamamot can chime in.

MissySki

Angel Diva
When trees and bump runs are open, that’s where I live. This whole early season I’ve been off the edges of groomers as much as possible since we don’t have much of anything else ungroomed open except when it’s manmade snow they are letting drain before grooming. We really need some real snow.. They are awesome in all of that though, very turny. I also had them out at Jackson Hole last season and they did great in the powder days we had. They do better for me in the powder in the West since it’s so much lighter than what we get here in the East. I’m not a very good powder skier in general though.

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is really interesting! I will need to get on the new model sometime as that sounds like a vastly different ski than the 2018 model I have. Mine are definitely fun and light, but not nearly as stable as the Sheeva, especially in the tip.
From what I understand this season's Ripsticks have added additional carbon to stiffen them up just a touch from previous years. Might be worth checking out if that appeals to you!

rbkvail

Certified Ski Diva
The Sheeva 9 are definitely not a damp ski, pretty much the opposite end of the spectrum and very playful. I’m 5’4” 125lbs and ski the 164. They ski short so if you felt unstable etc. at all on groomers I’d try a size up if you were so inclined to give them another try. They aren’t the ski that’s going to really plow through crud though.
How are they on the bumps? What would be a great ski for bumps and crud?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna