• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates, 2022

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will be there for opening day. Keep snow dancing!
11 inches up high last night, getting windpacked as I wrote this. I hope you know that traditionally only 1 lift is spinning that accesses 2 blue runs. Sometimes, if conditions permit they'll open another lift or two.

Warmed up since last night. Slushing now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Took a look around at the first date available for online tickets for some resorts that don't have a opening date published or announced on their website. Below are dates in November that I found one way or another for mountains that aren't owned by Alterra or Vail Resorts.

Killington has tickets on sale for Nov. 12. Won't be a surprise if Killington opens a lift for season pass holders on Friday, Nov. 11.

Pretty clear that Boyne Resorts wants all their resorts open by Thanksgiving if at all possible.

Nub's Nob in Michigan has a unique approach to the early season when it comes to online tickets. Advanced tickets are available now for Dec. 25 or later. Nub's goal is to open by Thanksgiving. They won't add online tickets until it's clear when the slopes will be open.

11/11: Ski Brule, MI
11/12: Killington, VT
11/14: Copper, CO
11/17: Loon, NH
11/18: Grand Targhee
11/18: Eldora, CO
11/18: Alta, UT
11/18: Sugarloaf, ME
11/18: Appalachian, NC
11/19: Lutsen, MN - weekends until 12/9
11/19: Purgatory, CO
11/24: Big Sky, MT
11/24: Telluride, CO
11/24: Taos, NM
11/24: Sunday River, ME
11/25: Sugar Bowl, CA
11/25: Jackson Hole, WY
11/25: Snowbasin, UT
11/25: Jay Peak, VT
11/25: Whiteface, NY
11/25: Gore, NY
11/25: Belleayre, NY
11/25: Jiminy Peak, MA - weekends until 12/16
11/26: Bretton Woods, NH
11/30: Snowbird, UT

echo_VT

Angel Diva
It’s been unseasonally warm here in Vermont these past few days hitting 70F and not going below 60F some evenings. It’s definitely MTB weather. I don’t know if Killington kept their snow but I’d guess most of it is melted.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Yeah— it’ll be a surprise for sure if Killington opens at all this weekend. Next weekend, maybe.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wow, Killington is going for next Friday?? Seems like more of a possibility the next week sometime with the long range temperature forecast. The real extended cold seems to hit next weekend for overnights.. at least according to the current forecast. For Sunday River it’s the same, so as long as that holds I do think we will definitely open before Thanksgiving. Maybe even by late next week or the following weekend as well.. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
At least the lodge construction is on schedule at Killington.

November 5, 2022

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wow, Killington is going for next Friday??
The date in my personal list was a guess from a week ago. Fair to say that the usually hot temps up and down the east coast aren't helping the northeast ski areas to get snowmaking going before early December.

Of course, Thanksgiving weekend will remain the important target for every ski resort that has announced opening dates in November already.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Apparently Breck is opening on Nov. 9, which is two days earlier than announced in August.

Mammoth opened on Nov. 5, a week earlier than previously announced.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Mount arose opening Nov 11. Snowing hard in Tahoe now!

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
Mt. Snow was supposed to open on 11/11 but snowmaking weather hasn't cooperated. Opening day is now TBD. Updates are on FB

marzNC

Angel Diva
In general, for this early season the northeast resorts will be hard pressed to open in November as previously announced. Happened last year too. However, the difference for the western resorts is that some places have gotten enough snowstorms to open earlier than announced.

Of course, if you look at the number of lifts and trails open this week at Ikon/Epic resorts there are very few with more than 1-2 blue trails that have top-to-bottom coverage thanks to snowmaking that started in early October.

Wolf Creek in southeast Colorado is unusual because it has 90% of the terrain open as of last weekend.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Stowe, Hunter, and Wildcat are sticking with Nov. 18 as Opening Day. Okemo is set for Nov. 19.

* * * From the Stowe homepage on Nov. 9 (top right corner box on a desktop window):

This way to winter.

Opening day is planned for Friday, November 18th! Join us for the first runs of the season complete with complimentary breakfast sandwiches (while supplies last) plus a live DJ at the base of the FourRunner Quad. Secure your pass in advance to guarantee access.

* * * From the Hunter homepage on Nov. 9:

WINTER GETS EVEN BETTER

Opening Day is planned for November 18. Get ready for adventure and get your 2022/23 Pass.

* * * From the Wildcat homepage on Nov. 9:

JOIN US FOR OPENING DAY, NOV 18

SKI OR RIDE FOR $40/DAY WITH EPIC 7-DAY PASS

Prices go up Nov 20.

* * * From the Okemo homepage on Nov. 9:

GET READY FOR WINTER

We're excited to see you this season! Okemo is projected to open Saturday, November 19th for the 2022-23 Winter Season.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday night starts a nice cold snap supposedly, so I think places that want to and have the snowmaking power to do so should be able to get open ahead of Thanksgiving in the Northeast. The aggressive resorts should open sometime next week. Assuming the forecast holds.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Solitude is opening for season pass holders or Ikon folks a little earlier than the Nov. 11 opening date. They are going to run a couple lifts for short green trails from 2-4pm on Nov. 10.

Solitude is owned by Alterra, uses Ikon passes as the general pass, and has Solitude-only passes for midweek, young adults, and kids.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The big snowstorms in the last week have made a lot of resorts in the west happy. Here are opening dates for early November for the places I'm tracking this month.

Wolf Creek had planned to open on Nov. 4 for Fri-Sun weekends only. But there was more than enough snow last week for them to decide to start 7-day a week operations. WCSA is already 90% open because of the way they allow people to go off-piste when ski patrol is comfortable from a safety standpoint but there may be thin cover in places.

11/03: Loveland, CO
11/04: Brian Head, UT
11/04: Wolf Creek, CO
11/05: Mammoth, CA
11/09: Breckenridge, CO
11/10: Marmot Basin, AB
11/11: Mt. Rose, NV - announced 11/8 during snowstorm
11/11: Solitude, UT
11/11: Brighton, UT - announced 11/10 after 2-3 feet of fresh snow
11/11: Vail, CO
11/14: Copper, CO

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowbird just announced that they will open on Nov. 18. The previous date on SkiUtah was Nov. 30.

From Snowbird website on Nov. 10:

Opening Day

We are excited to announce our opening day for the 2022-23 season has moved forward and will be Friday, November 18!

Due to some much appreciated recent storms amounting to over 7 feet of new snow since October, Snowbird is now scheduled to open early for the 2022-23 winter season on Friday, November 18, conditions permitting. With a look toward the future, Snowbird welcomes the new Trams while focusing on ways to improve safety and the local environment.

Keep an eye out next for details about opening day operations including lift & terrain openings, lift tickets and services.

We can't wait to see you and get those first lift turns of the 2022-23 season!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly