• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates, 2020

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River will open at 9 am tomorrow and Sugarloaf will open at 8:30 am. Yay finally!

I was pretty certain that I would go whenever opening was, but since I got to ski Friday at Wachusett I’m going to be good and work for the next couple of days and then head up Wednesday for the holiday and weekend. Tomorrow’s weather is looking pretty yucky too, hopefully the forecast is wrong and it’s a nicer day for opening for those who get to go.

newboots

Angel Diva
Ugh, I’m sorry :cry:. Is anything else in the area opening this week?

We had a trip planned to Whiteface; we are cancelling hotel reservations as we speak.

Hunter is supposed to be open.

Whiteface said they can't make enough snow to open. Look at today's weather!

Attachments

• 6D81CE55-9BC7-4133-8331-6C9750B94F08.png
    6D81CE55-9BC7-4133-8331-6C9750B94F08.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

marzNC

Angel Diva
Whiteface said they can't make enough snow to open. Look at today's weather!
Normally for Thanksgiving weekend, the only upper mountain lift open is the gondola. There is usually just one pretty steep and narrow blue route down. Also have the base lift running for the short green slope at the main base open. The lift at the separate teaching area usually isn't running at all. That's wouldn't be a good idea during a pandemic.

I've skied at Whiteface during Thanksgiving weekend a few times. Waiting to open after the holiday weekend is the only sensible approach this season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Winter Park lift tickets aren't available until Dec. 4. Was originally hoping for Nov. 18, so definitely quite a change. Could open a few days earlier but with the situation in that part of Colorado probably makes more sense to wait and not open until there is as much terrain available as possible to help spread people out.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okemo open today. Wish I could be there....

All I can tell you for sure is the one person I spoke to said it was pretty good for something they basically made overnight! Sapphire was open and World Cup was open and then lower Mountain Road to get you back to the bottom. I took a look at the WebCam early afternoon and saw one maybe two people on the chair by that time. I will live through my friends until I get up there at the start of 2021.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Haven't checked to see if all these dates are still good, but there will be quite a few resorts open by the end of November.

* Epic - lift access reservations
** Ikon, owned by Alterra - mostly no reservations required for passholders
***Ikon Partners - mostly using parking or lift access reservations

Nov 25: *Beaver Creek, CO
Nov 25: *Crested Butte, CO
***Nov 25: Aspen Mountain, CO
***Nov 25: Snowmass, CO
**Nov 25: Squaw/Alpine, CA
Nov 25: *Stowe, VT
Nov 25: *Okemo, VT
**Nov 25: Stratton, VT
Nov 25: *Mount Snow, VT
**Nov 25: Snowshoe, WV

Nov 26: *Whistler Blackcomb, BC, CANADA
***Nov 26: Big Sky, MT
Nov 26: *Sun Valley, ID - Epic Partner
Nov 27: Jay Peak, VT
Nov 27: Smuggler’s Notch, VT
Nov 27: Schweitzer, WA
Nov. 27: *Snowbasin - was Nov 25, Epic Partner
Nov 28: Mount Hood Meadows, OR
***Nov 30: Copper, CO - parking reservations, Powdr
***Nov 30: Snowbird, UT - parking reservations, Powdr
Nov 30: Bolton Valley, VT
Nov 30: Mt. Hood Meadows, OR

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All I can tell you for sure is the one person I spoke to said it was pretty good for something they basically made overnight! Sapphire was open and World Cup was open and then lower Mountain Road to get you back to the bottom. I took a look at the WebCam early afternoon and saw one maybe two people on the chair by that time. I will live through my friends until I get up there at the start of 2021.
I was there yesterday. Mainly also wanted to check my "system" that I have worked out in my head over and over (about how I would be booting up, bathroom (in car!), food, outdoor "locker" I have created, not touching surfaces, how mask would be comfortable and safe, etc) and see how it could all fly. Of course when gets colder may need to make adjustments. I also recommended to Okemo to put more signage as too many people for my liking had masks off in line or walking and I realize just opening day and they also are learning as they go. It was nice to see them also checking Epic passes before letting people in lodge (I do not go in lodge, but I noticed that, so cannot have extra people who do not have res going in lodge it seems). I do think there was also too much bunching up "side to side" in the lines as far as social distance and might be issue when more crowded, but time will play that out. I think eventually stationing a staff person working the lines would help a bit. Again, first day as well.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I was there yesterday. Mainly also wanted to check my "system" that I have worked out in my head over and over (about how I would be booting up, bathroom (in car!), food, outdoor "locker" I have created, not touching surfaces, how mask would be comfortable and safe, etc) and see how it could all fly...
So, how did your system work out? Any lessons to share with those of us who are waiting for snow?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was there yesterday. Mainly also wanted to check my "system" that I have worked out in my head over and over (about how I would be booting up, bathroom (in car!), food, outdoor "locker" I have created, not touching surfaces, how mask would be comfortable and safe, etc) and see how it could all fly. Of course when gets colder may need to make adjustments. I also recommended to Okemo to put more signage as too many people for my liking had masks off in line or walking and I realize just opening day and they also are learning as they go. It was nice to see them also checking Epic passes before letting people in lodge (I do not go in lodge, but I noticed that, so cannot have extra people who do not have res going in lodge it seems). I do think there was also too much bunching up "side to side" in the lines as far as social distance and might be issue when more crowded, but time will play that out. I think eventually stationing a staff person working the lines would help a bit. Again, first day as well.

Thank you for the much more detailed update!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jay Peak is open today with one lift and one trail. Won't start 7-day operations until Dec. 4. The waterpark is open too. (Massanutten water park was open most of the summer and fall.)

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 9.47.16 AM.png

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
Haven't checked to see if all these dates are still good, but there will be quite a few resorts open by the end of November.

* Epic - lift access reservations
** Ikon, owned by Alterra - mostly no reservations required for passholders
***Ikon Partners - mostly using parking or lift access reservations

Nov 25: *Beaver Creek, CO
Nov 25: *Crested Butte, CO
***Nov 25: Aspen Mountain, CO
***Nov 25: Snowmass, CO
**Nov 25: Squaw/Alpine, CA
Nov 25: *Stowe, VT
Nov 25: *Okemo, VT
**Nov 25: Stratton, VT
Nov 25: *Mount Snow, VT
**Nov 25: Snowshoe, WV

Nov 26: *Whistler Blackcomb, BC, CANADA
***Nov 26: Big Sky, MT
Nov 26: *Sun Valley, ID - Epic Partner
Nov 27: Jay Peak, VT
Nov 27: Smuggler’s Notch, VT
Nov 27: Schweitzer, WA
Nov. 27: *Snowbasin - was Nov 25, Epic Partner
Nov 28: Mount Hood Meadows, OR
***Nov 30: Copper, CO - parking reservations, Powdr
***Nov 30: Snowbird, UT - parking reservations, Powdr
Nov 30: Bolton Valley, VT

Snowshoe has pushed to Dec 4

marzNC

Angel Diva
Seems as if Mother Nature is not helping when it comes to snowmaking temps in more than one region. There are a fair number of TBD opening dates for the midwest, southeast, mid-Atlantic, and northeast.

Hunter in the NY Catskills opened a few days ago, which is normal. But had to until at least next weekend because it's been way too warm to maintain the two trails from the top that were open.

Here are a few openings expected in the next couple weeks. Most are only open for passholders at least the first few days.

AFTER THANKSGIVING, BEFORE DECEMBER 17

Nov 30: Mt. Hood Meadows, OR - was Nov 28 (adjusting to Oregon 2-week freeze)
***Nov 30: Copper, CO, Powdr, parking reservations
***Nov 30: Snowbird, UT, Powdr, parking reservations
**Dec 1: Steamboat, CO - was Nov 21
**Dec 3: Sugarbush, VT - was Nov 21
Dec 3: Bolton Valley, VT - was Nov 30
Dec 4: Whiteface, NY - was Nov 27
Dec 4: Smuggler’s Notch, VT - was Nov 27
**Dec 4: Snowshoe, WV - was Nov 25
***Dec 7: Mt. Bachelor, OR, Powdr, parking reservations
Dec 10: Diamond Peak, CA
Dec 11: Homewood, CA