• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates, '18-'19

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes... they plan on opening for the season tomorrow Fri Nov.16 (at noon), as far as I know.
I edited that post above to let people know tomorrow is free if you bring canned goods.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Certainly be plenty of options in the Catskills this weekend. Windham is opening for Sat-Sun too. Earliest opening in 14 years. Then closed for snowmaking Mon-Tue and re-opening at 9:00am on Wed, day before Thanksgiving.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This Friday snow (winter storm Avery) is later and warmer than expected here in New Hampshire. It's finally starting with freezing rain here in Lincoln NH right now, and according to the mountain forecasts it may be doing the same at elevation. Maybe they are wrong and it's snow up there. I hope so.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
This Friday snow (winter storm Avery) is later and warmer than expected here in New Hampshire. It's finally starting with freezing rain here in Lincoln NH right now, and according to the mountain forecasts it may be doing the same at elevation. Maybe they are wrong and it's snow up there. I hope so.
Just looked the Killington webcam and it is snowing hard. Let's hope it does not switch. Maybe the further West is getting snow?

Also, @Tvan mentioned Belleayre was opening tomorrow, November 17, that is the same for Gore and Whiteface as well. It looks like they are opening for just this weekend, and then plan to close during the week and then re-open Black Friday.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
I was going but with the storm and schools closed my 2.5hr drive each way would have been much longer.... Next week I'm there!
The traffic out of NYC was horrendous yesterday. Friend was headed up yesterday, and after 3 hours of going no where turned around and went home.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
If we don't get some snow soon at Mammoth, an early December trip to Colorado might be in our future.

Happy we can ski Copper this season as it's one of my favorites.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Aspen Ski Co. has to be happy. The early storms dumped enough snow to allow Aspen Highlands to open a week earlier than the pre-announced opening date. Even some terrain in the Highland Bowl will be open on Dec. 1. Ski patrol and volunteers boot pack parts of the Bowl, so a lot of work has been happening to make that possible.

Aspen Highlands to open on Saturday, one week early

". . .
“Given the recent storms, cold weather and hard work of the Aspen Highlands operations and patrol teams, we are proud to offer an early opening to locals and visitors on Highlands this weekend,” Kevin Hagerty, mountain manager of Aspen Highlands, said in the release. “And the rumors are true, we will open Highland Bowl early for the first time in years.”

Aspen Highlands traditionally opens two weekends after Thanksgiving, and was originally set to open on Dec. 8 along with Buttermilk. Aspen Mountain also opened five days early, on Nov. 17.
. . ."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly