• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Open Season!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a power outage all that lasted 19 hours.
Due to said power outage, and cold, damp temperatures, I was eager to go anywhere that had electricity/heat.
We went to see Open Season

This movie was the best animated movie since Ice Age!
Coming from a hunting family, I was concerned that it might be a bit too "anti hunter" but was pleasantly surprised to see that it had some fun with the hunters, without making them seem like a bunch of bullies, except for shaw(deserved what he got)

With kids or without, this animated movie is worth the price of admission!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that was really good; it got great reviews! Might have to check it out (I love animated movies. Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., & Shrek are great!)

Another good movie that's out now: The Illusionist. A period piece (Victorian- era) about a magician in the German court who's in love with the Crown Prince's fiance. Not as mushy as it sounds; more of a msytery than a romance.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cool, it's good to hear that there is finally a good animated movie out. It seems like the studios were jumping on the animation bandwagon after Shrek and Ice Age, but they just couldn't compare. It's rare that a movie is released that the whole family can enjoy. Plus, we will only see movies at the Alamo Drafthouse where they serve a full menu including several selections of beer and wine. If it's not showing there, we wait for the DVD. :D But they will usually show something like this if it appeals to a wide audience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna