• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Online Ski Gear & Info Sources

OneOutdatedDiva

Certified Ski Diva
OMG thank you soo much for this list Ladies! I've been searching for sites that do unbiased reviews and have had a difficult time finding them.....

AussieSkiWomen

Certified Ski Diva
If you an Aussie Girl, Sierra Trading Post and the affiliated websites are great for the freight. I read someone elses post about delivery slow, but I have been buying off these guys for over a year now and they have the best service, offered to take back anything that is damaged, and delivery to Aus is within 10 days.
K2s are cheap and they ship them easily, Alot of companies do not ship them to Aus.
Does anyone know any other companies that ship to Australia cheaply (comparing $72.00US max in one bulk lot) let me know.

Outdoorsports in NZ cheap, free del to Aus. https://www.outsidesports.co.nz/
ICEBREAKER cheap.

Also looking for bindings for a new pair of K2 Burning luvs? suggestions on sights/bindings?:noidea:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ski-O-Pedia

Recently found useful info on womensskis.com, which was created by skis.com in 2009. There is a Ski-O-Pedia geared towards women. Some of the topics include waxing (with video), differences between ski goggle lenses (video), lists of goggle colors (Smith, Scott), differences between straight and shaped skis (video).

https://www.womensskis.com/docs/

Quite a few topics added Feb 2010
https://www.womensskis.com/docs/2010/02/

Comments from Jeanne Thoren in Jan 2010
https://www.womensskis.com/docs/2010/01/

Celestron2000

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Genie

Don't know if others have tried this site, it reccomends skis for you based on a number of factors. It's a cool concept, but sometimes the reccomendations seem a little off. Still it's free and kinda fun.

https://skigenie.com/

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
I can't help but to add powder7.com to the list for gear and apparel. If you have any gear questions you can contact them and ask for Amy and I'll help you out :smile:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any of you British Divas have some good go-to sources? My ski buddy is thinking of bringing her skis back to England from Canada. I'm thinking that since her skis are older, beginner, and too short now (Atomic Balanze 148cm, she is 5'7", 155 lbs) she might be better selling them and using that money and what ever she saves on not paying the airline on buying a longer intermediate level ski. But I don't know where to recommend she look for a replacement (she wants to keep it under 200 Pounds if possible) other than online auction.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any of you British Divas have some good go-to sources? My ski buddy is thinking of bringing her skis back to England from Canada. I'm thinking that since her skis are older, beginner, and too short now (Atomic Balanze 148cm, she is 5'7", 155 lbs) she might be better selling them and using that money and what ever she saves on not paying the airline on buying a longer intermediate level ski. But I don't know where to recommend she look for a replacement (she wants to keep it under 200 Pounds if possible) other than online auction.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
www.snowandrock.com and www.ellis-brigham.com are the main big ski shops in the UK-they both have end of year sales with some good offers at the moment.

I have personal very good experience of www.snowfit.co.uk a small family company in Norwich. Great friendly personal advice from the owner of the shop when I bought my skis there in November (I bought online/over the phone), and judging by the reviews on their website, they are shipping abroad too.
Also www.edgeandwax.co.uk based about 10 miles from me here. A company which appears determined to punch well above its weight in terms of profile, magazine and online marketing. Good customer feedback, and I have also experienced very friendly helpful service.

Also for good online prices https://www.snowtraxstore.co.uk, and www.snowinn.com -is based in Spain and can have some good, but a tad random, online bargains.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While this thread is bumped, thought I'd mention that Christy Sports online has nice deals right about now.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Perty- thanks for all those. I'll send them on to my friend.
And if any of you UK divas are thinking of selling anything intermediate in the 160cm range...
My friend didn't seem to believe me at first that she needed better and longer, but at member's day Head was there with their new '14 skis to demo and she took out the Mya 5 and Mya 6 in a 163. Her old skis have since been sold.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 for Levelninesports.com, especially for skis, boots, bindings. Often amazing prices since they have so many closeouts, and great customer service options if you want help narrowing down good choices: live online chat with very knowledgable folks; also very responsive on email. Plus:

- very thorough ski descriptions (often funny and just plain fun to read)
- good reviews, Q&A for popular items
- ship overseas; fast domestic U.S. shipping
- One note on boots: good prices, but definitely worth it to pay for a boot fitting locally (newbies, don't go by shoe size Mondo chart). May make sense to buy locally instead if bootfitter offers free adjustments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly