• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

One last day!

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Whelp, I decided I wasn't actually ready for my ski season to be done and hopped in the car for one last solo ski day at Holiday Valley today. Going there was one of my this year goals, and I am so glad I went. It is still small compared to so many of the places talked about here, but it is a lot bigger than my home hill.

Dawdled at home a little too long this morning, so I didn't get there until about 9:30 am, but still got rockstar parking near the lodge (close enough to ditch my fleece vest and get a snack mid-morning.) It wasn't crowded at all, and while there were icy patches, they were easy to see and avoid.

This sounds so newbie, but it was my first time taking a high speed lift ... it's so disconcerting when you are nearing the exit and it feels like the chair is just hurtling you closer and closer to the chair in front of you! But I got used to it. :rotf:

I was relieved to find that the difficulty levels aligned very well with my home hill -- eg. a black diamond there was the same difficulty as a black diamond I am used to. (Even though I am sure they would be blues in CO or VT.)

I skied until I literally could not ski any more ... well actually, in what is probably a ski rite of passage, I skied until I couldn't anymore but was at the bottom of a lift far from my car and had to make my way over and up for one more long run in mashed potatoes despite being exhausted. That was NOT my best skiing, but I made it down safely in any case. (I may have resorted to a pizza wedge for the final 100 feet ...)

But other than that last run, I was happy with my skiing and proud that I explored all the open areas of a new-to-me, bigger ski area by myself, too!

20220402_100430.jpg
Cute little woods trail I nicknamed "pinecone slalom". I am sure you can guess why.
20220402_103539.jpg

coldthrill

Angel Diva
Whelp, I decided I wasn't actually ready for my ski season to be done and hopped in the car for one last solo ski day at Holiday Valley today. Going there was one of my this year goals, and I am so glad I went. It is still small compared to so many of the places talked about here, but it is a lot bigger than my home hill.

Dawdled at home a little too long this morning, so I didn't get there until about 9:30 am, but still got rockstar parking near the lodge (close enough to ditch my fleece vest and get a snack mid-morning.) It wasn't crowded at all, and while there were icy patches, they were easy to see and avoid.

This sounds so newbie, but it was my first time taking a high speed lift ... it's so disconcerting when you are nearing the exit and it feels like the chair is just hurtling you closer and closer to the chair in front of you! But I got used to it. :rotf:

I was relieved to find that the difficulty levels aligned very well with my home hill -- eg. a black diamond there was the same difficulty as a black diamond I am used to. (Even though I am sure they would be blues in CO or VT.)

I skied until I literally could not ski any more ... well actually, in what is probably a ski rite of passage, I skied until I couldn't anymore but was at the bottom of a lift far from my car and had to make my way over and up for one more long run in mashed potatoes despite being exhausted. That was NOT my best skiing, but I made it down safely in any case. (I may have resorted to a pizza wedge for the final 100 feet ...)

But other than that last run, I was happy with my skiing and proud that I explored all the open areas of a new-to-me, bigger ski area by myself, too!

View attachment 18456
Cute little woods trail I nicknamed "pinecone slalom". I am sure you can guess why.
View attachment 18457
Wonderful post and pics. Thank you for sharing! Looks like an absolutely perfect must-do day to me.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Oh! I forgot to add that I stopped by the high performance demo shop on my way out, to get a feel of what they typically carry in case I want to try stuff there next year. The guy running the place was GREAT (most importantly didn't automatically assume I don’t know anything just because I am a curvy middle aged woman ... I'm looking at you 22-year-old The Ski Company employees.) When he mentioned his wife is an avid skier, I told him to tell her about Ski Diva! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly