• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

On the hunt for a soft tipped carving capable 84 to 90 inch waist ski for steeps and bumps

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Olesya Chornoguz Interesting as I found the stiffness just right when carving low angle and in bumps. Either way they, and lord only knows what, got me in the end. Took a very strange tumble from a stand still with skis weirdly tangled and now probably have a torn tendon in my hip. Not blaming the skis....but...have never in 21 years taken a tumble from a standstill starting to traverse to a turn woth skis stuck together. Definitely not keeping them. Probably user error but not my boards. Skied Kendos 10 years ago and found them too soft. Bet they've changed a ton!
Kendos are stiffer then SR88 now, I demoed them on the same day. Yes SR 88 are very nice in bumps, but I couldn't go fast in them on the groomers - tip chatter, especially with higher edge angle - too soft. I am way heavier than you are though. I have been told that the previous years SR88s were much stiffer skis, but not now.

I am so sorry about your injury; it sounds like the ski to me! You are an amazing skier.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Might be a little bit before I post a review of the Fischer ranger 90s replacing the SR88s I posted this thread about in the first place.

Fell hard on the ice right onto my hip protrusion with all 145 some pounds last week. Took 7 days but MRI today confirmed two non displaced pelvis fractures. No skiing for 6 to 8 weeks.

I hope I get try the boards out before the mountain closes but time will tell.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Might be a little bit before I post a review of the Fischer ranger 90s replacing the SR88s I posted this thread about in the first place.

Fell hard on the ice right onto my hip protrusion with all 145 some pounds last week. Took 7 days but MRI today confirmed two non displaced pelvis fractures. No skiing for 6 to 8 weeks.

I am so sorry to hear that. Sending you healing wishes and thinking of you.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Oh no! So sorry to hear this! Wishing you a fast and full recovery.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear! Speedy recovery!!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Oh no ! I’m so sorry to hear this news! Hoping for a quick recovery so you can try those new skis!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you Divas! I was incredibly lucky in my misfortune. Reading more about pelvis fractures I learned that after car wrecks, skiing and snowboarding are a leading cause of these types of injuries in young people. That sure sounds better than middle aged lady with normal bone changes falls and breaks pelvis :rotf:

While I have to be very careful not to fall again until bones refuse, I am not needing surgery or pain meds, can walk without crutches carefully and should heal fully.

Not to say that I am pain free. Movement sucks, but stationary is OK. My brain and soul and body do not love the stationary part. Catching up on friendships until I get sent back to some temporary work for my employer is the silver lining.

Could it have been prevented? Not so sure.

Thankful I kept the orthopedic doctor's appointment yesterday that I amost cancelled as I was going to ski instead to see if I felt better....

coldthrill

Angel Diva
Ouch! Good thing you kept the appointment and hope you heal well
I second that. Besides it being a win-win to go to a just-in-case appointment, it is also never a bad thing to trust your gut and go for a second opinion. After falling while running five years ago, it was painful to breathe. The ER found nothing, but I asked my doctor for new imaging. The new C-rays found three displaced fractures, each in a different rib. But to your point, the story is way lamer than a pelvic fracture while skiing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna