• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Okemo VT 11-23-19

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
The good- A fair amount of terrain open and no lift lines at all on opening Saturday! It was also sunny, warm, and not very crowded in general.

The bad- boiler plate/scraped off/windswept on 80% of open blue and green trails. Sweet solitude was particularly nasty for a green. Good day to practice side slipping and pivot slips! I am glad my body remembered how to do them when I freaked out a little on the ice sheet of Jolly Green Giant. There was nothing Jolly or Green out there, just a sheet of boilerplate.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
PS- Free Hot Cocoa and other beverages at the summit! Nobody was working the registers or counters and drinks were flowing self-serve.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The good- A fair amount of terrain open and no lift lines at all on opening Saturday! It was also sunny, warm, and not very crowded in general.

The bad- boiler plate/scraped off/windswept on 80% of open blue and green trails. Sweet solitude was particularly nasty for a green. Good day to practice side slipping and pivot slips! I am glad my body remembered how to do them when I freaked out a little on the ice sheet of Jolly Green Giant. There was nothing Jolly or Green out there, just a sheet of boilerplate.

Just goes to show what a difference a day makes! I skied there on Friday and it was really good. I think it was because it rained Friday afternoon and then froze when the temperature dropped. If you're skiing Okemo today, I hope it's better.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, sorry it was so icy! I had the same experience at Cannon yesterday. Not the most fun way to start the season!

I was thinking about doing Okemo sometime this week (Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat) if anyone's interested.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh, sorry it was so icy! I had the same experience at Cannon yesterday. Not the most fun way to start the season!

I was thinking about doing Okemo sometime this week (Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat) if anyone's interested.

Cannon is frequently icy! And the wind can whip way up the mountain. Especially up at the top on Profile. That said, if you can ski Cannon you can ski almost anything. The ‘Cannonites’ are an amazing breed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna