• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Okemo Mountain Resort - VT

Amie H

Angel Diva
After my family went home, the next day (Friday 2/11/22) I skied Okemo, about 45 minutes from my hotel in Manchester, VT. Per @ski diva 's advice, I drove to the Jackson Gore base. I was able to park in the first row of the lower level parking by getting there before 9am.

After evaluating the crowds that were already forming (Lots of school-aged children there. I guess parents pull them out of school for one day to make a long weekend?) I made a plan to try to ski less-crowded routes based on intel shared by @ski diva . I stuck to the Coleman Book, Solitude, Morningstar, and Quantum Six lifts for the most part. Despite the crowds, I was able to ski right on to the Solitude and Morningstar lifts most laps.

It was a gorgeous day, blue skies, little wind, relatively warm. Beautiful views from up top.

I will say that, to me, it had a very "Vail Resorts" vibe. I've been to Breck, Beaver Creek, and Heavenly in recent years and Okemo felt a lot like those. It's neither good nor bad, but the layout, amenities, and clientele were reminiscent of those other resorts to me. I suppose it's "good" in that, the restrooms, dining options, etc. were plentiful, clean, etc. Compared to those other resorts, the cafeteria items seemed less expensive. With my epic pass 20% off, I got a cheeseburger, a locally brewed beer, and a rice krispie treat for about $20. I thought that was reasonable, as that's what I'd pay in a local restaurant in my hometown. The burger was actually quite tasty (I DID bring a snack but I was SO hungry from a very small dinner the night before, I decided to supplement the cheese stick and dried fruit I brought!) The beer was a Long Trail Ale and it paired nicely with the burger and was refreshing after the morning on the mountain.

Conditions on the snow varied from delightfully soft and forgiving to chunky/choppy, already getting skied out on some trails by noon. Basically, it was good wherever there was lower traffic. I noticed from the lift, some of the black diamond mogul runs had bare spots, but I wasn't skiing those so it didn't affect my ski day.

I would definitely go back, perhaps if I was able to go midweek. There is a lot more of the mountain(s) I'd like to try out there. It's a huge place!

Amie H

Angel Diva
what was the temperature?
Good question...I'm going to estimate in the mid-high 30s? By the afternoon the parking lot was mud, and there was a lot of runoff all over the roads,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly