• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Oh no! Yellowstone closed due to flooding

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yikes! National Forests are closed in NM due to wildfires. Now Yellowstone is closed due to massive flooding.

June 14, 2022

geargrrl

Angel Diva
The drama on this years Tour Divide race due to this weather is something else. SAR has pulled 10 or 11 people off the race in Canada.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle is a good independent news source for that area of Montana.

June 14, 2022

For those who can see the article, there are aerial photos in The NY Times article.

June 14, 2022

The National Park Service has updates on the Yellowstone news webpage and has also set up a separate website for flood recovery info. The FAQ is clear and to the point.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 7.33.28 AM.png

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got back from my Idaho place, 25 miles west of West gate of YSP. It was a cold, snowy, rainy 2 weeks but in one 30 hour period, 2.56 inches of rain fell near my place. This massive rain, combined with snowmelt in Yellowstone high country led to the once in 500 year flooding.

My local FB site indicates that West and South gates will open Wednesday, with last number on license plate indicating whether you can enter on an even day or an odd day. North will try to reopen but unsure when and it will be limited to Mammoth, not the entire North loop.

Some of the interesting questions posed to my community group:

1. What if our group, renting 2 cars, have one odd and one even license plate number? (ummm).
2. Lots of folks worried about the animals (with one local writing "they've been rounded up and placed safely in their cages until further notice") (local humor)
3. West Yellowstone is temporarily letting campers set up in the city park til things sort out

Things are drying out, but the rivers will be raging for a while as the snowmelt in the high country feeds the already full rivers.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
hah the last thing I would worry about is the critters. They are most likely happy to be undisturbed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly