• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Obermeyer Malta Pants size recommemdation?

knolan12

Angel Diva
Hey Divas,

I've read lots of good things in the archives about the Obermeyer Malta Pants. I found a color I really like at a great price, but I'm torn if I should order a 14 or 16. I wear a 14 in Old Navy and was recently gifted a pair of Land's End in a 14 that fit pretty well (and are smaller than the Old Navy jeans when you line them up, women's sizing ). But snow pants run notoriously small so I'm contemplating the 16. I'd say I'm fairly well proportioned, but I probably carry more weight in my middle while I have more muscular legs. I also order short jeans, but I'm almost 5'6, I have a long torso and short legs haha Any best guesses? Worst case scenario I exchange them, but hoping to get it right the first time haha

Thanks!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Malta pants and I don't think they run small. Then again, it's hard to tell til you try them on.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I just got a pair of Malta pants in a "Short" lenght. I have a 27 - 28" inseam. Obermeyer doesn't seem to shrink the other measurements like waist or hips when they offer a short length.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Malta ski pants are a relaxed fit pant. You’ll probably do well in their 14 if that’s what you’re wearing in streetwear. I do tend to agree with others that buying two sizes (if there are free returns) is wise if you’re truly uncertain.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Thanks all! There's 14s on one site and 16s on an other and I'm terrible at making returns I think I'll try the 14s and worst case, return those (I hope haha) and try the 16s.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What'd you pick? I have Maltas in a 16. I don't have a waist though, and needed the larger size there. They are roomy in the hips and tush on me in spite of fitting in the waist. Be careful with these - they aren't the most durable fabric. I sliced the inside ankle of them on one leg after one season. They've since been retired for a pair of Columbia Titanium pants with abrasion patches on the inner ankles, leg vents and stretch.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I sliced the inside ankle of them on one leg after one season.

I had something similar happen with the same pants and contacted Obermeyer. They had me mail them the pants and fixed them pretty quickly and for free; just the initial shipping cost.

knolan12

Angel Diva
What'd you pick? I have Maltas in a 16. I don't have a waist though, and needed the larger size there. They are roomy in the hips and tush on me in spite of fitting in the waist. Be careful with these - they aren't the most durable fabric. I sliced the inside ankle of them on one leg after one season. They've since been retired for a pair of Columbia Titanium pants with abrasion patches on the inner ankles, leg vents and stretch.

I ordered the 14 and they didn't quite fit, so I ordered the 16 and they were good!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna