• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

NYC Tri signup this weekend!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Signup for the 2010 NYC Tri opens Nov 1 at midnight -- in other words, right in the middle of halloween. Last year it sold out in 22 minutes, so I will be at my computer from about 11:45pm on, frantically reloading the registration page. :smile: Big Saturday night!!!

Soooooooooo if any of you Colorado tri ladies want to sign up, a few of the many benefits you will receive are:
- Your fastest Olympic distance swim time ever, guaranteed.
- Probably also a ridiculous bike time, thanks to being at sea level and riding a course that you will find laughably flat*.
- A lovely run through Central Park (that is definitely not flat, but still gorgeous).
- A luxurious* futon to sleep on, FOR FREE*!
- Drinks with all my friends afterwards!

Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone was thinking about it. :smile:

*: You're not allowed to laugh at me when I talk about the "rolling hills" afterwards.
*: By "luxurious" I actually mean "6 years old". But it's in a whole separate room from my bedroom and there is a door that closes between the 2 spaces! Luxury, NYC-style!
*: I might ask you to feed my cat or something.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would SO love to do this. It's definitely on my wish list, but I don't think next year is the year for me. Maybe once I'm out of school and once again a productive member of society (with the disposable income that comes with that! :p).

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's definitely tempting that it's not that far away...except I think I need to complete a sprint length tri before I attempt anything like this.

How's swimming in the Hudson? The thought isn't all that appealing to me... :wink:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
How's swimming in the Hudson? The thought isn't all that appealing to me... :wink:

You know, it was surprisingly fine. I swallowed a *ton* of water (I had a rough swim) and felt absolutely fine. There were a few dirty spots on my tri top that I couldn't wash out (hehe), but overall the swimming was actually pretty nice.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All I can think of is Kramer swimming his laps in the Hudson, LOL!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you a USAT member, Rachel? I just got an email offering a limited number of early entry spots to the NYC tri to USAT members, now through the opening of regular entry...

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
NO. My friend just texted me about this. I am cranky about it because:
- I met a woman at a party last summer who said USAT members get early signup.
- The coach for the program I was in last summer INSISTED that that was not the case.
- I should have just signed up to be a USAT member anyways.

Oh well. I will just have to be READY at midnight tomorrow. Rrrrrraaaaaawwwwwrrrrr!!!!!!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, if it makes you feel any better, apparently those slots went pretty quickly, too. As in, if you weren't online to get the email, or got it within an hour or two, I think you were out of luck...

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't get in. It sold out in 7 minutes. I kept getting "site too busy" pages, and by the time I got through it was sold out. My friend, who came over so we could sign up together, did get in. I guess I'll have to do Team in Training or something to get a spot. Unbelievable.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:( I can't believe it sold out that quickly despite the odd time slot! So sorry, Rachel!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Helllooooo everyone! I ended up getting a NYC Tri spot through Team in Training, which means that I have to raise some cash for a good cause to earn my race entry. Sooooooo, I present you with my TNT fundraising page:

https://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/rachelv

Totally no pressure (really!), but if you're feeling generous and want to throw in even $5 it would be much appreciated. In exchange you will get my undying gratitude, the satisfaction of knowing that you're supporting a good cause, and a beer (or drink of your choice!) next time I see you. :smile:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
GO RACHEL---I'M IN!!!! I'm glad you are doing Team in Training---blood cancers suck, as I watch my brother fight leukemia. THANKS!

Helllooooo everyone! I ended up getting a NYC Tri spot through Team in Training, which means that I have to raise some cash for a good cause to earn my race entry. Sooooooo, I present you with my TNT fundraising page:

Totally no pressure (really!), but if you're feeling generous and want to throw in even $5 it would be much appreciated. In exchange you will get my undying gratitude, the satisfaction of knowing that you're supporting a good cause, and a beer (or drink of your choice!) next time I see you. :smile:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Done, donation was easy. Rachel is now 36% of the way there---a worthy cause for Divas able to donate.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Hellooooooo! My race is in less than a month, my 10k time is down to right around an hour, and I'm on the home stretch with fundraising. If anyone is feeling generous and wants to throw $5 my way it would mean a lot:

Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who've donated already. This forum continues to be the best in pretty much every way possible.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
It's race weekend!!! Hard to believe it's mid-July already, but here we are. Today I'll be picking up my race packet, hitting up the expo, racking my bike, and then meeting some friends for a pasta dinner. Then, at either 6:17 or 6:20am tomorrow, I will be jumping into the Hudson. :D

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about my swim after 2 good days of open water practice last weekend, and I know I'm a stronger runner than I was last year. The only thing I'm worried about is the heat. It's going to be 80, easy, by the time I finish tomorrow, so I just hope the humidity stays in check. We've had some days the past few weeks that were so humid that my palms were literally dripping sheets of sweat by the end of my runs, at NIGHT. In the DARK. :smile:

So right, between about 8:30 and 9:30am my time tomorrow, if you could send some vibes my way to stop being a wuss, suck it up and pick it up on the run, that would be much appreciated. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna