• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

NY will let ski resorts open at half capacity beginning Nov 6.

Chris W

Certified Ski Diva
Will midweek be busier this year since there are more people working from home/not working?

I think for this reason, but also due to non-pass-holders who have trouble with getting the limited reservations available for weekends.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Windham is basically saying that pass holders can come any time (Ikon must make advance res though), and non-pass-holders must book ahead with limited res available on holidays and in-season weekends.

https://www.windhammountain.com/redgreen/

I assume most mountains will have something similar.
Oh good point! @newboots and @nopoleskier Windham is on Ikon so I can come ski it with you on weekends a few times if we find weekends that work for everyone. I also have a season pass to a local PA mountain so I will be skiing there some weekends too.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh good point! @newboots and @nopoleskier Windham is on Ikon so I can come ski it with you on weekends a few times if we find weekends that work for everyone. I also have a season pass to a local PA mountain so I will be skiing there some weekends too.
And I have to stay overnight or the whole weekend since it's a 3.5 hr drive for me to any of these destinations. So I may not be able to come up that often.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't seen much in the way of what will happen in PA yet, but I did see on FB that people are unhappy with Elk's plan to not be open on Mondays and Tuesdays. We have passes at Montage, so still waiting to see what they do this coming season.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't seen much in the way of what will happen in PA yet, but I did see on FB that people are unhappy with Elk's plan to not be open on Mondays and Tuesdays. We have passes at Montage, so still waiting to see what they do this coming season.
Yep, I am waiting for Montage to send out their winter operations announcement. I think they were open for some summer stuff so hopefully have some experience on how to operate in these times.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, I am waiting for Montage to send out their winter operations announcement. I think they were open for some summer stuff so hopefully have some experience on how to operate in these times.

True. They did have their water park open this summer; I'm assuming with some restrictions in place.

marzNC

Angel Diva
In case anyone wants to do some reading, here is the official document with the NY guidelines for ski areas/resorts. It's dated Oct. 19, 2020. It goes into a pretty comprehensive level of detail specifically geared to a ski "facility." Makes it clear that all other guidelines related to Food & Beverage or public indoor space must be followed as well.

Collecting info related to potential contact tracing is included. Can be on a paper form or digital.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/g...ms/files/Ski_Facilities_Master_Guidelines.pdf

Excerpts:

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.37.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.43.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.39.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.40.03 PM.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna