• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Northstar, 3/15/2021-3/19/2021

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@gingerjess ... one comment you made- after this long stretch of COVID, just being in the same place as a friend, doing the same thing, has felt so special. I felt that resonate...so hard. My soul screamed: YES YES YES!!! So glad you got to enjoy time with a good friend in a safe way. While also having a great time, and bringing all of us joy.

I guess this past year has really taught us that no man is an island, right? If any of you are Madeleine L’Engle fans, I remember reading that John Donne quote in one of her books, specifically talking about how interconnected we all are, and I really think this past year has shown us that in vivid detail.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
Day Four theme: rest

After a few days on the mountain, I’ve started to get pretty worn out! Skiing is a lot of fun, but it’s also a workout, and my body has been starting to feel the strain. Today I just skied whatever I felt like, even if it wasn’t particularly intense or challenging. Tomorrow is my last day on the mountain—maybe my last of the season—and I want to be in a condition where I can rise to whatever challenge the mountain throws at me.

What today looked like in practice was retreading a lot of the same terrain I’ve already done earlier in the week (and described earlier in the thread). But I stayed conscious of how my body was feeling, and was careful not to push it. Hungry? Time for lunch. Fatigued? Pull over and take a break.

The hardest test of the day was recognizing when rain and high temperatures had pushed the early afternoon snow conditions to a state where I just wasn’t having fun anymore. Slush on top of ice doesn’t make for satisfying turns, so I called it early and came home! Not every day needs to be about new skills or emotional revelations or going all out until the last chair, and today just happened to be a ski day with a fairly fun and satisfying first half, and a slightly early finish.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly