• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Northern Wisconsin: Granite Peak and Whitecap Mountains

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
has anyone seen the info for Voodoo? Right near Mt. Bohemia, no lifts/cat-skiing and less terrifying (for chickens like me)… I think that could be a SUPER fun Midwest Meetup, unique experience.

Amie H

Angel Diva
has anyone seen the info for Voodoo? Right near Mt. Bohemia, no lifts/cat-skiing and less terrifying (for chickens like me)… I think that could be a SUPER fun Midwest Meetup, unique experience.
Wellll.... its still extreme terrain. Not a matter of being chicken. it requires expertise & fitness. It's like the Silverton of the Midwest.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'm a sour Old Fashioned. I've still not warmed up to the Sconny way of making an Old Fashioned with Brandy. My go to brown liquor drink is a rye manhattan.

I rarely eat red meat, but I'll have a small filet and a baked potato for dinner. The Del Bar has a good happy hour.

My husband and I (before the pandemic) used to go to the Dells every second week in January to see Robin Zander lead singer of Cheap Trick) do his little solo show at Monk's. I really miss doing that. Hope he comes back next year!

Amie H

Angel Diva
I'm a sour Old Fashioned. I've still not warmed up to the Sconny way of making an Old Fashioned with Brandy. My go to brown liquor drink is a rye manhattan.

I rarely eat red meat, but I'll have a small filet and a baked potato for dinner. The Del Bar has a good happy hour.

My husband and I (before the pandemic) used to go to the Dells every second week in January to see Robin Zander lead singer of Cheap Trick) do his little solo show at Monk's. I really miss doing that. Hope he comes back next year!
Oh, very cool! Love Robin Zander/Cheap Trick.

My hub is a rye O.F. guy.

Do you ever ski in WI/MI/MN?

shadoj

Angel Diva
@shadoj I just saw on their Instagram that Lutsen is getting snow right now. Yeah, enjoy the freshies!!!!
And it's still coming down! Done for the day; so much giggling and happy squeaks of joy. Tomorrow's going to be great; two more friends showing up this evening :smile:

Lmk92

Angel Diva
My son and his buddies skied Bohemia a couple of years ago. They stayed in a yurt and pretty much had the place to themselves! He still talks about it.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
They are marketing Voodoo as more intermediate friendly than Bohemia. But it’s all snow cats… no lifts. They haul you up, you ski down, they haul you up. Sounds like an absolute blast… need the DD to ovary-up a little. ;)

Lmk92

Angel Diva
They are marketing Voodoo as more intermediate friendly than Bohemia. But it’s all snow cats… no lifts. They haul you up, you ski down, they haul you up. Sounds like an absolute blast… need the DD to ovary-up a little. ;)
That sounds amazing

shadoj

Angel Diva
Still waiting on my ski buddy to charge her phone for photos, but today was awesome! Even scouted a couple of the "double black" tree runs in lead position. Definite throwback to my youth-at-Big-Sky days! (Ahem, Stump run? Check. Found 'em). Really cut down on the wind today. Only a minor scratch on one ski base, probably aligned with me pointing out "whoops, that's a rock, not a mogul! And then, "wheeheeheehee snow!"

shadoj

Angel Diva
Still waiting on my ski buddy to charge her phone for photos, but today was awesome! Even scouted a couple of the "double black" tree runs in lead position. Definite throwback to my youth-at-Big-Sky days! (Ahem, Stump run? Check. Found 'em). Really cut down on the wind today. Only a minor scratch on one ski base, probably aligned with me pointing out "whoops, that's a rock, not a mogul! And then, "wheeheeheehee snow!"
Anyone wanna give me some virtual Diva hugs?! Unfortunately, after the arrival of my guy friends and a turn towards discussing ski gear & then being dismissed for the lack of options for my size (like it's *my* fault!), I'm still awake and stressed. At least I'm sharing a suite with a girlfriend (separate from "my girlfriend"), who is at least a little more understanding towards my venom, but very much asleep. I'm not. Boo. At least the snow is great! Might have to take a couple hours alone tomorrow, so I don't kill anyone (by spraying them with snow, or other non-lethal incentives).

Next year, Diva Midwest!!!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Oh, @shadoj … the patriarchy is alive and kicking, sadly.
Sending many virtual diva hugs.

Amie H

Angel Diva
Anyone wanna give me some virtual Diva hugs?! Unfortunately, after the arrival of my guy friends and a turn towards discussing ski gear & then being dismissed for the lack of options for my size (like it's *my* fault!), I'm still awake and stressed. At least I'm sharing a suite with a girlfriend (separate from "my girlfriend"), who is at least a little more understanding towards my venom, but very much asleep. I'm not. Boo. At least the snow is great! Might have to take a couple hours alone tomorrow, so I don't kill anyone (by spraying them with snow, or other non-lethal incentives).

Next year, Diva Midwest!!!
Yeesh...well on the bright side, less $ spent on gear = more $ for lift tix and snacks.

Enjoy the snow and keep kicking a$$!!

shadoj

Angel Diva
Well, let's just say that a little love from y'all + some alone time yesterday + 2 days of bluebird weather = much improved mood. Uh, still smiling ear-to-ear actually, as the actual skiing was just SO good all three days. I got to try out my skis in all kinds of different terrain I don't normally have available to me, and it was a hoot! Really a confidence booster.

A little Lutsen teaser (trip report to follow soonish):
DSC05052sm.JPG
The exit of Bobcat, one of the double black tree runs. Yes, I even skied it and did not eat any rocks!

Amie H

Angel Diva
Well, let's just say that a little love from y'all + some alone time yesterday + 2 days of bluebird weather = much improved mood. Uh, still smiling ear-to-ear actually, as the actual skiing was just SO good all three days. I got to try out my skis in all kinds of different terrain I don't normally have available to me, and it was a hoot! Really a confidence booster.

A little Lutsen teaser (trip report to follow soonish):
View attachment 18205
The exit of Bobcat, one of the double black tree runs. Yes, I even skied it and did not eat any rocks!
Cool pic, looks like killer weather!!

Bookworm

Angel Diva
Oh, very cool! Love Robin Zander/Cheap Trick.

My hub is a rye O.F. guy.

Do you ever ski in WI/MI/MN?
I grew up in MN so skied there as a kid - Spirit Mountain and Buck Hill in the Cities is all I can remember.
I don't go to WI/MN/MI to ski because I find it just as easy to fly out to SLC or Denver to ski. I wanted to go to Wilmott this year, but I could never find a day to go when it was not warm - I'd be up for it, though. There's a ski club near where I live and they do trips out west and to midwest locations. I'm tempted but the timing didn't work for those either.
I would like to do a trip to Lutsen next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing