• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Northeast Ski Resort Opening Dates

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a listing of planned openings for some of the resorts in the northeast:

Maine Ski Resorts
Sunday River - [open Halloween Weekend] 12/13
Sugarloaf - 11/21

New Hampshire Ski Resorts
Attitash - 11/22
Gunstock - 12/05
Loon Mt - 11/22
Wildcat - 11/29

Connecticut Ski Resorts
Ski Sundown - 11/28

Vermont Ski Resorts
Burke - 12/6
Killington - 11/14
Mad River - Thanksgiving (?)
Magic Mt - 12/13
Okemo - 11/15
Smuggler's Notch - 11/28
Stowe - 11/22
Sugarbush - 11/22

New York Ski Resorts
Belleayre - 11/28

If anyone knows of any others, post 'em here!
 
Actually, SR will be open tomorrow, close for the week, and re-open on 11/7.
 
Attention Ski Divas of the NE

Pleeeeeeeze give condition reports if you should happen to ski during the opening dates of the ski areas listed. I have been waiting a looooong time to get back onto my skis. Broke my leg on Feb. 23rd and I want the first attempt post broken leg to be on good conditions (will never ski on ice again!!!!).:injured:

Any of the areas in CT, VT, NH and ME are a day trip for me but only want to go if the conditions are decent. After a looooooong recuperation, I am a bit tentative about getting back out there. I am assuming that sentiment will disappear the minute I know I can ski again!:yahoo:
 
Kudos to Killington -- they're opening Sunday, November 2!!

Not to be a wet blanket, but it can't be much of an opening. First of all, it just hasn't been cold enough for long enough in this area for decent conditions. I don't think they've really been able to make that much snow. Imagine poor skiing, limited trails, and tons and tons of people. Not my idea of a good time.

Second of all, even with the limited skiing they're charging $65. for a lift pass! They'll give you $15. off if you have a season's pass for another resort in the northeast that's currently open. But the only other area that applies to is Sunday River! I don't see many people (if anyone) taking advantage of that.

I think I'll wait a bit.
 
Not to be a wet blanket, but it can't be much of an opening. First of all, it just hasn't been cold enough for long enough in this area for decent conditions. I don't think they've really been able to make that much snow. Imagine poor skiing, limited trails, and tons and tons of people. Not my idea of a good time.

Second of all, even with the limited skiing they're charging $65. for a lift pass! They'll give you $15. off if you have a season's pass for another resort in the northeast that's currently open. But the only other area that applies to is Sunday River! I don't see many people (if anyone) taking advantage of that.

I think I'll wait a bit.
Don't forget that even if you have season's pass to K, you can't use it until the official opening day later this month.

Not fond at all of their opening policy this year. Especially the fake promotion they're offering. I'm sure you saw the industry rep's discussion of this on AZ. If that's how an industry rep presents his mountain, what's that say about the mountain? (And I'm talking about Spinmaster, who is the rep.) :rolleyes:
 
I really don't pay much attention to opening dates because I won't ski a crowded East Coast WROD with man made snow (sticky) and rocks poking through.

:injured:

I would feel so stupid (and sad) if I got injured before the season really gets underway! I'm holding out for December and not planning on skiing before then. If conditions warrant an earlier day out, great, but only on my mid-week pass. Meanwhile I'm savoring the anticipation of the season and continuing on my (seemingly) never ending ski and snowboard equipment related errands for me and my kids.
 
Don't forget that even if you have season's pass to K, you can't use it until the official opening day later this month.

Where in the world did you hear that one?? Sorry - but I know quite a few people that were out there Sunday & Monday and yes, you were able to use your K pass (if the waiver hadn't registered, they even let you on the lift anyway & told you to go to Guest Services when you come down); the conditions and the cover were great, plus the amount of terrain they got open was plenty to disperse whatever crowds people thought would be there. They even have East Fall & Downdraft headwall open.

They opened more upper mountain trails on Monday and they're trying to stay open all week.

We skied opening last year and the new owners are really stuck on providing a quality product -- they did an awesome job then (no rocks, edge-to-edge cover, decent base, etc) and I hear it was just as good this year.

* Well, guess I won't ski this weekend :( After Thursday, they're waiting to re-open the 14th. BUT it was still good for those that made it to the hill!
 
Second of all, even with the limited skiing they're charging $65. for a lift pass! ... I think I'll wait a bit.

I am totally wishing we'd gone up given the crap weather forecast for the next week. I know it's still early in the week, but looks like no skiing for me until the weekend of the 22nd. SAD FACE!
 
Okemo is pushed back to the 22nd, too. :(

Dang weather. All because I put on my snow tires, too.
 
halley_lift2.jpg
 
Sharing the blame shoulder here----winter wheels/snows (with studs, no less) went on last Sunday....:(

Rough start, and way rainy in NNE right now, but dramatic temp change promised by end of weekend.

Enough of this...weather....:mad2::rolleyes:
 
Tremblant starting blowing yesterday. Still on for next Friday. Major storm due in later in the week too. I'm getting the snows on Saturday, when everything should change over.

NOTE: Tremblant has a new webcam. Shows the top of the mountain. Really neat!!
 
You're putting if off and I'm trying to talk Hubby into it. We need it for next weekend as there is loads of stuff to take up to the condo.
 
GUYS IT'S 58 AND RAINING. I'm crying on the inside over here. Outside soon to come if this weather doesn't get its act together.
 
yes, BUMMER, it's foggy and gray and damp here....:( :mad:

maybe I'll do some ski-porn over the weekend.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
27,727
Messages
530,681
Members
9,772
Latest member
Kryski
Back
Top