• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Norrona Lofoten Gortex pro light vs Gortex inslated

allright

Certified Ski Diva
Hi everyone. Hope you are enjoying your summer! I am finally going to invest in a new pair of ski pants because mine have lost all waterproofness and deciding between the Norrona lofoten Gore-tex Pro Light and the Gortex insulated.

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/lofoten/lofoten-gore-tex-pro-light-pants-women/?color=7718
https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/products/lofoten/lofoten-gore-tex-insulated-pants-women/?color=7718

I am 5'10 and 145, very, very cold natured and will be skiing mostly in VT but also for 10 days in Jackson Hole. I really love spring skiing also and will ski at Snowbird in April and Squaw for memorial day.

Should I go for the non-insulated because of the spring skiing? Will they be the more versatile or will they be too warm for spring skiing anyway?

Thank you anyone in advance!

Jilly

Staff member
Personally I would get the insulated ones. You ski mostly in VT. It's cold. How much/many layers are you going to need to wear the non-insulated ones to be happy. When you go West, take lighter base layers or even just tights and open the zips on the insulated ones.

Bonnie2617

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agree about going with the insulated pants. I have insulated pants without vents and I’ve never had issues with my bottom feeling too warm even in 50 degree+ weather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly