• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica SUV 84

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Has anyone considered (or purchased) a Nordica SUV 84? It looks like it is sold only by evo.com. The listing says it is made for evo.

It seems to be easy turning and stable. It's also very inexpensive for a new ski (under $360.00)

Here's a link:

Nordica SUV 84 + TP2 Compact FDT Ski Bindings 2023 https://g.co/kgs/mLb6rp

Jilly

Staff member
Looks like an entry level ski. Package price at $500 here in Canada. I'm going to dig a little deeper, but it's probably a similar Nordica, just made for EVO like you say. Similar to the skis you see with Beer labels on them.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Looks like an entry level ski. Package price at $500 here in Canada. I'm going to dig a little deeper, but it's probably a similar Nordica, just made for EVO like you say. Similar to the skis you see with Beer labels on them.

Thanks Jilly. I don't need a high performance ski but I don't want to purchase a beginner ski either.

I appreciate your input. I wonder if it's a copy of another Nordica ski but only made for Evo.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks Jilly. I don't need a high performance ski but I don't want to purchase a beginner ski either.

I appreciate your input. I wonder if it's a copy of another Nordica ski but only made for Evo.
I know someone who works for Evo, I could ask him if you like ?

Jilly

Staff member
I've sent a message to the Nordica rep.

Years ago some of the manufacturer's would make skis only for certain retailers. They were made to look like an expensive ski in their line, but not the same construction. These were referred to as "deck" skis. Sport Chek in Canada was one of the retailers that would do this. We would have people come into the ski shop asking for the ski they had seen there, but no we didn't have it. We had the original which was quite a bit more expensive. I forget the model name there was a number like 7. Sport Chek had a 7X. It wasn't the 7 ski, it was a cheap knock off with the same top sheet and the X.

Jilly

Staff member
According to the Nordica rep, they did have a SUV model about 10 years ago. He's not sure about it at all. We only have 1 EVO store in Canada to Whistler. Since that's a VR place, I'm sure that store is not on any Canadian rep's list.

Price point is entry level, maybe intermediate.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Based on a quick look at the link posted…it appears to be the same construction (core material and build of the ski) as the Wild Belle 78, but close shape to the Wild Belle 84 (probably created with the same mold).

So really could be a ski for a beginner to grow into, or a cautious, light weight advanced skier would probably have a fine time on it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I know this thread is about the SUV but what about the Astral?

oops sorry- wrong link

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I may be cautious but not quite lightweight at 130 lb.

If all goes well when I return to skiing, I will probably seek out a mid range demo ski. But I will consider this as one possibile option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna