• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Non-skiing activities with 22-month-old Bretton Woods Mid-March

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Hi Divas,
My non-skier friends who have a 22-month old are joining me for a weekend near Bretton Woods in 2 weeks (March 14-15). We're staying at an Airbnb, so we won't be resort guests. What would be nice activities for them to do during the day? Also, can people take the lift to Latitude 44 for lunch on the mountain? I assume their kid is too small/young to ride the chairlift, but was curious if non-skiers can eat there for future reference. Thanks!

marzNC

Angel Diva
can people take the lift to Latitude 44 for lunch on the mountain? I assume their kid is too small/young to ride the chairlift, but was curious if non-skiers can eat there for future reference.
Reading the info on the website for Latitude 44, people are supposed to take the quad chairlift. So maybe only for people with skiing/boarding. You could call and ask.

A round-trip gondola ride is $21.

yogiskier

Angel Diva
@marzNC thank you! Ah, I see, I remembered reading somewhere that you could take the quad up to the restaurant for a special fee, but that's for the summertime :smile:

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are lovely cross country trails around the Bretton Woods/mount Washington hotel property. They could rent xc skis or snow shoes and a pulk sled for the baby. The mount Washington Hotel does historical tours of the hotel that might be interesting. They could always take a drive and enjoy the views, maybe stop for lunch somewhere.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Even just wandering around the lobby and porch of the Mt. Washington Hotel could be fun with a toddler in a good mood. It's a bit of a walk from the public parking lot to the main entrance. There is a door at the end of the building closest to the lot, near some stairs. If there is snow on the ground, hope the kid has extra gloves. :smile:

Dec 2018
Mt Washington hotel - 1.jpg

elemmac

Angel Diva
Few ideas...

The Ice Castles in Lincoln might be a fun day trip for them...https://icecastles.com/new-hampshire. Not sure exactly when they close for the year...probably weather dependent.

North Conway is a great town to walk around, outdoor ice skating, lots of little shops and restaurants (Stairway Cafe is a favorite breakfast spot of mine).

If they're into hiking there's plenty of short hikes they could do with a little one around Crawford Notch. Going around the other side of Mt. Washington might be worth it to explore the Pinkham Notch visitor center too.

Most of the resorts up there, Bretton Woods, Attitash and Cranmore all offer snow tubing and ice skating. I'm not sure what the extent of the tubing is though. But if any of them offer a shorter, less steep hill, that might be fun for the little one.

My friends were just up in that area and took their 16-ish-month old on a sleigh ride at the Mt. Washington Omni....they had a great time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna