• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Non-profit ski areas, have you skied at one?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ok, last one. Here is a video of one of the hill managers being interviewed -
Cool! I have fun on surface lifts. 750' vert and 240 acres may sound small for PacNW, but my home hill is 1100' vert and only 75 acres, with the steeper runs on the upper mountain about 800' vert. Will keep Fergi in mind if I fly to Portland during ski season.

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cool! I have fun on surface lifts. 750' vert and 240 acres may sound small for PacNW, but my home hill is 1100' vert and only 75 acres, with the steeper runs on the upper mountain about 800' vert. Will keep Fergi in mind if I fly to Portland during ski season.
You should keep in mind. It is a six hour drive from Portland. Some winter storms close the highways so you can't get in or out. Only two ways in in the winter either from La Grande or Lewiston. Love to have you visit.

Christy

Angel Diva
$10 lift tickets at the non-profit Badger Mountain in eastern WA, right on the edge of wheat farming country.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Antelope Butte is entering another stage. The non-profit has hired the long-time GM of Cannon. One of the Antelope Butte board members is the owner of the ski industry software company Entabeni, which recently bought the Indy Pass.

July 2023
"
SAM Magazine—Franconia, N.H., July 11, 2023—Longtime Cannon Mountain Ski Area GM John “JD” DeVivo will assume the role of GM of the non-profit Antelope Butte Mountain Recreation Area in northern Wyoming on Sept. 5. DeVivo will leave the state-owned Cannon on Aug. 31, after 16 years, and with a total of 33 years in the outdoor industry in the east.

DeVivo was selected from a large field of applicants, Antelope Butte board member Erik Mogensen told SAM. “JD has always stood out as a remarkable operator, and this is a franchise quarterback hire for Antelope Butte. Attracting national talent and leadership is key to creating a sustainable operation at Antelope Butte as well as fostering a model that can be applied to other small ski areas,” added Mogensen.

In a statement, DeVivo said his mission in Wyoming will be simple: “To stabilize and revitalize a community-based ski area and year-round recreation area from the inside out, become more popular and profitable, and perhaps support additional opportunities at other similarly sized ski and recreation areas within the region over the next 5 to 10 years.”

He told SAM his decision was “partially based on an interest in bringing back affordable skiing, year-round outdoor recreation, and independent venues.”
. . ."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly