• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

NH skiing 2018

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've been skiing every weekend since November, and the early season was certainly better than the last few weeks due to the rain/freeze cycles we've had.

2 weeks ago (1/20, 1/21) we were at Cannon, and it was better than I expected it to be. The upper mountain held up until lunch on Saturday before getting icy, and the mid and lower mountain was great all weekend.

Last weekend (after more rain) we went to Bretton Woods, figuring their grooming would give them better conditions than Cannon (who have notoriously bad grooming), but it was still pretty icy there. We didn't even bother to ski on Sunday.

We'll be at Cannon this weekend (2/3., 2/4) and I know they are working hard to make snow, but it would be a heck of a lot better if mother nature would help out a little!

Where have you been skiing? What have the conditions been like?

newboots

Angel Diva
Haven't been to NH yet this year, but skied Waterville Valley twice last year. First time, Ice Mountain! They had a few trails well groomed and we had fun. We watched a snowcat on top of a steep steep trail; I had to hold my breath, sure it would fall off the mountain! Conditions were like this week; there had been a freeze/thaw.

Second time, April Fool's Day, 8" new powder. It was my first season, and I couldn't ski the powder to save my life. But we were dressed in totally retro neon matching outfits and it was a blast!

I hope to get to Waterville again soon!

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We've been to Waterville a couple times this year. The first was early season (well before Christmas) when only a few trails were open. We had, but it would have been hard to spend more than a day there. More recently, we were there just before the rain/freeze cycle hit. The snow was amazing, and we all had a blast! As my 4-year-old is ready to start doing some more challenging terrain, I'm looking forward to heading there again when the conditions improve so I can check out some of the black trails.

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We ski Loon - early season was amazing with all the snow.

It's definitely harder/firmer since the warm up and rain, but we skied Monday and thought it was great! I love the hard, fast conditions though

As always though, I would avoid Saturdays there- skied a Sat a few weeks a ago and it was PACKED. And was skied off by the end of the day, of course............

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some good NH skiing to be had this weekend! We skied Cannon on Saturday, and conditions were great. Got on the mountain just after 8:30 and skied hard until 2pm, when the top started to get pretty skied off. My 4-year-old skied his first "Cannon Black", and of course, never a line for the lifts! We had planned to go back there on Sunday, but wind holds on all the mid and upper mountain lifts sent us to Bretton Woods instead. It was nice, but busier, over there. After lunch the crowds disappeared, and we got some fast laps in then. There we even some decent powder stashes left to be had there!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I already tentatively registered last week. You don't have to pay until day of, so it seemed safe enough in case either my schedule or the weather aren't fully cooperative. Then the next day I get to start the college tour thing with DC , so off to Toronto to visit OCAD.

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were at Bretton Woods last weekend. It was decent, but slushy, and the high traffic/beginner areas got bumped up and scraped off early. We were with family who are green/blue skiers, so the conditions were not so great for them. My 4-year-old took a giant header in a pile of "snow" and got a massive bloody nose (so gross, but he was fine after a few minutes).

It looks like they will be getting 8-12" this week. Really looking forward to Cannon this weekend!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like the cold weather and promise of snow means that Tenney will finally have a chance to run the lifts for skiing. They've had the tubing open for a week or two.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna