• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

NH/ME 2018-19

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'll definitely do the Sunapee Ladies Extravaganza again. Best demo day I have done. They had a few of each ski, and in various lengths too.
+1

The brands that Bob Skinner had included Blizzard, Nordica, and Volkl. Was there another brand too? Really nice to find plenty of options that were short enough for me. Nothing under 150 though for those women who wanted skis in the 140s. Saw quite a few skis that were 170. Were there any longer than that?

I could always find something else to try when I returned a pair of skis after a couple runs. With 5-6 people setting up bindings, didn't have to wait in line for that either. Since quite a few women did the morning clinic, that made it even easier to demo.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'll definitely do the Sunapee Ladies Extravaganza again. Best demo day I have done. They had a few of each ski, and in various lengths too.

@MissySki -- is that you in the photo from the Sunapee email?

It is indeed. The marketing guy tagged along with our group during most of the clinic taking photos. That was a little nervewracking when doing drills, glad they used a static shot! :rotf:

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also had a great day demoing skis at the Sunapee ladies day. Demoed enough skis to figure out that my knees really don't like anything wider than 100 on New England hard pack. And I seem to be fond of Volkls. Spent today at Killington with DH.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wish I had met you yesterday to say hi and put a face to a name. But glad to hear you had a good time too. Which ski was your favorite from the demos?

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Must have been asleep when I posted last night. Meant to say Rossi. I currently ski Kenjas, used to ski Rossignols. Didn't try the head Kore 99, but liked the Heads I did try. Currently looking for a narrower ski for the hard packed bumps and trees.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a few Irving gas BOGO coupons that I don't think I will get around to using before the season is out. There are places in NH, VT, MA, ME, CT and NY on the list of where you can use them. Any divas who will be able to use one, PM me and I can send you the code.

https://www.theirving.com/ski

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Of course Head was included. I had great fun on the Kore 99.

What skis do you own?

Re: Head Kore. My SIL demo’d the women’s Kore in Big Sky during a demo day on 3/2. She already loves the shorter Kore, but absolutely flipped out with joy over her experience on the all new women’s version. It’s coming out in August for the 2019-2020 season and already the ladies are lining up to get on them.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

@MissySki -- is that you in the photo from the Sunapee email?

It was a lot of fun! I went back on Thursday to demo skis since I took a lesson that took a lot of the likely demo time away on Tuesday.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone have good information on conditions at Sunday River at the moment?
To answer my own question....gorgeous skiing here this week. Colder than expected today (20’s), but clear blue skies and great packed powder conditions on groomers. No ice, but the bumps are hard and unfriendly IMO. Temps should be rising through Friday, so slushy spring conditions coming?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like Tenney in Plymouth is going to open for the last weekend of March. Closed March 25-28. Had a Huck contest last weekend that sounded like it was good fun. The Tenney Facebook page is the best source for conditions and hours of operation.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For future reference, I noticed that REI in the Boston area sells discounted lift tickets for a few places in NH. Online advanced purchase more than a week in advance may be cheaper, but stopping by REI might be worthwhile if making a last minute decision because of good snow conditions.

IMG_0080.jpg

knolan12

Angel Diva
For future reference, I noticed that REI in the Boston area sells discounted lift tickets for a few places in NH. Online advanced purchase more than a week in advance may be cheaper, but stopping by REI might be worthwhile if making a last minute decision because of good snow conditions.

View attachment 10613
We bought our Pat's and Bretton Woods tickets from REI and found them to be a good deal. What was a bit of an issue is that the stores didn't always have them in stock (Hingham is closest to us and we ended up driving to Reading to get tickets once) and one time we ordered them online like a week in advance since Hingham didn't have them, and they showed up late so now we have two tickets that aren't gonna be used womp womp But overall, we'd definitely buy tickets through them again.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We bought our Pat's and Bretton Woods tickets from REI and found them to be a good deal. What was a bit of an issue is that the stores didn't always have them in stock (Hingham is closest to us and we ended up driving to Reading to get tickets once) and one time we ordered them online like a week in advance since Hingham didn't have them, and they showed up late so now we have two tickets that aren't gonna be used womp womp But overall, we'd definitely buy tickets through them again.
So the REI tickets you bought online were mailed to you?

These days, online advanced purchases directly from a mountain don't even require printing to paper. Most of the time, I haven't even had to show the emailed receipt. All I've done is give my name.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
one time we ordered them online like a week in advance since Hingham didn't have them, and they showed up late so now we have two tickets that aren't gonna be used
I would definitely ask about a refund for those, making sure to politely point out that the delay in receiving them was an issue. It may say "all sales final" but that does seem like the kind of situation where talking to the manager in person might make a difference.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Usual suspects manufacturer Demo Days to pencil in for winter 2019/2020:
  • Sunday River - the weekend after Thanksgiving. I recall there being a fee.
  • Loon - Ken Jones Ski Mart sponsored on the first Friday in December. Demo is free and they sell a discounted lift ticket.
From another thread as reference for NH/ME in Nov-Dec 2019.

The fee at SR was around $10 as I remember. Brand tents with a pretty good selection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna