• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

News about the '17/'18 Mountain Collective Pass

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The MCP is definitely not for those who would find it difficult to ski at two or more of the MCP destinations. Although the changes in Utah seemed designed to encourage people to think about a 1-week ski vacation that would include 2 days at Alta, 2 days at Snowbird, and 2 days at Snowbasin. For those who can make a decision early on, possible to add a 7th day by choosing one of the Utah destinations for the bonus third day.

For someone who wants to spend a week at a bucket list destination, there are situations where the MCP still makes sense given the 50% discount after the included 2-3 days. For instance, if someone can plan a ski vacation that involves flying plus can make it to one destination for a weekend. Thinking about a weekend at Mammoth for someone in SoCal or Sugarbush for someone in the northeast.

So, I'm just reading this, and getting this for the first time. Price is $469, it would have been lovely if I knew last spring which I know now, which is I've manage to book us in for two weeks at the Cliff Club over Christmas, which makes the it very attractive considering we have two weeks, plus we'll do a third week, probably at Squaw, and perhaps a bit of Mammoth... $69 less, and an extra free day would have been like winning the lottery, but like this it's still good. Especially obstensibly 4 days at Alta/Snowbird, plus the 2 at Snowbasin...

marzNC

Angel Diva
So, I'm just reading this, and getting this for the first time. Price is $469, it would have been lovely if I knew last spring which I know now, which is I've manage to book us in for two weeks at the Cliff Club over Christmas, which makes the it very attractive considering we have two weeks, plus we'll do a third week, probably at Squaw, and perhaps a bit of Mammoth... $69 less, and an extra free day would have been like winning the lottery, but like this it's still good. Especially obstensibly 4 days at Alta/Snowbird, plus the 2 at Snowbasin...
It's definite that the 2017-18 MCP includes 4 days in LCC, two at Alta and two at Snowbird. My guess is that if someone wants to ski over the top then it will be possible to pay to upgrade to a combo for one day. But that's only a guess.

Certainly still sounds worth it for your family. Better buy it soon. The price is likely to go up again in early Oct.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Feels like the $469 stage for the MCP is about to end. Got email from MCP, Taos, and Liftopia today. TSV seems to push the MCP a fair amount. Alta sends out about the MCP but not as often. I'm not on e-lists for any other MCP resorts right now.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For people who live a day's drive or a short flight from the western Mountain Collective resorts, the MCP can be the basis for a relatively low budget season that includes some bucket list skiing. @Christy came across a great article from Nov. 15 about a couple from Seattle who gave it a shot last season. Worked out so well that they bought the MCP for 2017-18 too. The couple are "city folks with full-time jobs and a shallow well of disposable income. To our normal slate of local days, we wanted to add visits to Canada’s Sunshine Village, Lake Louise and Revelstoke; California’s Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows; Utah’s Snowbird; Wyoming’s Jackson Hole, and Idaho’s Sun Valley."

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/o...-crazy-for-a-season-with-a-multi-resort-pass/

marzNC

Angel Diva
The $489 price the MCP 2017-18 is about to go away. Will be interesting to see how much the price goes up. Jumped $40 in Dec for last season.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 6.11.47 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Aspen management has announced that Aspen/Snowmass will be part of the MCP for 2018-19. What's not as clear is whether Mammoth or Squaw/Alpine will be in the MCP going forward or only part of a multi-resort pass good at the resorts now owned by the new KSL/HCC company. The original MCP in 2012-13 was put together by Aspen Ski Corp, together with Squaw/Alpine, Alta, and Jackson Hole.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I guess the MCP wasn't available over the holidays. Back on sale as of 02Jan2018 at $519/99. Probably only until the end of January. Although with the low snow conditions in UT, CO, and Tahoe, who knows?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty unhappy about how it's increased skier traffic at Snowbasin. Actually, VERY unhappy about it.

Christy

Angel Diva
Pretty unhappy about how it's increased skier traffic at Snowbasin. Actually, VERY unhappy about it.

I hear ya--it's increased traffic at Sun Valley too. Not typically to the point where you have lift lines or anything (except for the time last year when JHMR shut down and so everyone drove to SV) but we loved that, for example, you rarely saw snowboarders and when you did they were excellent. Now you do see more less competent skiers/riders and even the kind of boarders that will sit down in the middle of the run. We never saw that before last year. I liked being the only marginally skilled person on the mountain. :smile:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hear ya--it's increased traffic at Sun Valley too. Not typically to the point where you have lift lines or anything (except for the time last year when JHMR shut down and so everyone drove to SV) but we loved that, for example, you rarely saw snowboarders and when you did they were excellent. Now you do see more less competent skiers/riders and even the kind of boarders that will sit down in the middle of the run. We never saw that before last year. I liked being the only marginally skilled person on the mountain. :smile:
Throw in a low-snow year, with everybody on a few runs, and it's a recipe for disaster. Even today, the runs were stupid busy.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
unfortunately what @Christy describes is what we see all the time on our local hill. they should really emphasize more forced education for first timers to the hill - but it could really be addressed as common sense and following what others do. the problem is that there are so many people who aren't with it that they all start copying each other.

mustski

Angel Diva
Throw in a low-snow year, with everybody on a few runs, and it's a recipe for disaster. Even today, the runs were stupid busy.
That’s what makes Utah an attractive MCP option- choices. The tourist can arrive and then decide where to ski. 6 free days is still 6 days at no cost. So many folks are locked in by school holidays. Snow or no snow, they booked a ski vacation. It will settle down once schools back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly